Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Tested Positive - Success Stories and Reassuarnce

Re: Just Tested Positive - Success Stories and Reassuarnce

Hiiiii I just got my positive results back tonight and looking for some reassurance!

I’m on day 10 of having symptoms. My sense of smell is coming back but I’m still very worried about something bad happening to me. I’m doing my best to be realistic about it but my health anxiety is freaking me out.

I'm positive too.
    I'm at the end of day 7 since symptoms started.
    So far feels like the flu.
    CDC says 10 days after symptoms start its ok to break quarentine.

To start, I am so sorry @aanns_GAD and @NancyW to hear that you tested positive. Even though I’m sure you both will be fine, it is a very, very scary thing to have happen. What would help you right now? Reassurance? Comfort? Just a place to unload your fears? I’m here for you if you need.

As a follow up end to my story, I have officially tested negative today! One month to the day of when I began experiencing symptoms. I was tested weekly after my two week quarantine ended, and got positive results even though I was no longer contagious, which I’m told can happen quite frequently and is nothing to be concerned about if your symptoms are improving.

I am still experiencing some post-viral symptoms (which is mainly just random waves of strong fatigue and weakness), which is also something I’m told is quite common and not a major cause for concern, but I am building up my strength on a daily basis.

If you are reading this and you have just tested positive, or are feeling sick, or if you are just scared of getting it, let this be of some comfort for you. I have major anxiety that often comes through as health anxiety, and I was petrified to get it. But, I got it, and I got even sick and did not feel great (It was not the sickest I’ve ever felt, but it is the weakest I’ve ever felt). Then I started to feel better, and I continue to feel better. This is obviously not something that should be taken lightly. Masks work and should be worn (my roommate did not get it because I isolated in my room except for when I needed to cook food. When I was in the common areas of my apartment, I always wore a mask, as did she). But, this does not deserve your precious time and energy being anxious about it (says I, who is now afraid of catching it again lol). But seriously, you will be okay, and you are not alone. We are here for you ❤️

Thank you for your update and kind words!! I am panicking though. I just googled a bunch of things because I wanted to know if I’m in the clear like if something bad like if I were going to stop breathing would it have happened and now I’m freaking out. Articles are saying you aren’t out of the woods for 15 days and I’m on day 13 and they say you decline rapidly. I think I’m hyperventilating and I’m so scared. I’ve been feeling this lump in my throat feeling and tightness in my throat and I’ve been so scared. I can’t tell if it’s Covid or my anxiety but it hasn’t gone away.

Take some deep, calming breaths. It’s completely understandable that you’re petrified right now, but you’re going to be okay.

What you’re feeling could be anxiety, or it could be a symptom of covid (or perhaps both!). Even if it is covid, that is okay. It does not mean you’re about to crash. I also had lumps and tightness in my throat, and I could feel the skin around my lymph nodes stretching as they bulged out from my throat. Not fun, but all totally normal. Remember, it’s mostly a respiratory virus so you’re throat and breathing will likely feel a little off, but that is okay! That’s just your body reacting to the virus. I had the sensation (and sometimes still do) of just having done a long run out in cold weather, even when I had been laying in bed all day. Do you know the sensation I’m talking about? Where your bronchial tubes and lungs just feel a little tight and raw? You might have something similar, and that’s okay!! You’re sick and things are going to feel funky. But it does not mean you’re hospital bound.

In my opinion, I think you are you to be fine. I’m sure there are some outlier cases of people crashing 15 days out, but it seems like most cases take a turn for the nefarious around day 5 of symptoms. Your body has done an amazing job of fighting this for the past 13 days. Thank you, body!! Just be as kind and as gentle to yourself as possible. You’re incredibly strong and your body is showing a great immune response to this. You will likely feel a little off for awhile, or maybe even really off, but that does not mean you are in danger of crashing (or worse), it just means you’re sick and your body needs some tea and rest at the moment. Treat yourself. Cuddle up in your fave sweatshirt and comfy pants, get a good blanket wrapped around you and have a hot cup of tea with some honey. You’ve got this!! You’re already doing amazing, and that will continue.

I am at 2 weeks, still can't taste or smell.

Has this returned for you?

@NancyW, yes. I started to get my taste and smell back about a week, week and a half after losing it. Another friend who got infected took about 2-3 weeks. Now I feel as if my ability to taste everything is back, but it does feel a bit more muted than before. In my experience, it came back slow and steady, and taste came back before smell. Keep fighting! Any other lingering symptoms?

Quote Originally Posted by leanderson2012 View Post
    @NancyW, yes. I started to get my taste and smell back about a week, week and a half after losing it. Another friend who got infected took about 2-3 weeks. Now I feel as if my ability to taste everything is back, but it does feel a bit more muted than before. In my experience, it came back slow and steady, and taste came back before smell. Keep fighting! Any other lingering symptoms?

Thank you. I'm at 18 days, still coughing and still fatigued. I think I strained a muscle on my side coughing because it stabs like a knife when I cough..

I went to the grocery store today and just walking around I felt exhausted and my heart rate was 125. (I wear a fitbit activity monitor)

I also still get a headache most days. My son and husband have lingering symptoms as well. Pretty annoying.

I tested positive 2 weeks ago. I am 36y old.

It was pretty mild version. I had fever for 1 day approx, my skin on abdomen/back was sensitive to touch for a few days, and after 5 days I lost sense of smell. That was it.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information