Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Tested Positive - Success Stories and Reassuarnce

Re: Just Tested Positive - Success Stories and Reassuarnce

Thank you so much for your words @NancyW. I think you’re exactly right, I think this is just a delayed reaction. That’s really kind of you to say I did well during it, but I definitely had my fair share of breakdowns too lol. I know I’m lucky that I had such a mild case, and feel embarrassed that I’m reacting to it like it was such a traumatic event, but that’s just the way my body needs to process it.

I agree with you 100%, my anxiety is like an octopus that is always reaching for something to fixate and obsess over. If I don’t have any true danger right in front of me, it will find or invent something.

That quote is spot on, and I need to remember it. At the beginning of the pandemic I was convinced I wouldn’t make it through this with my sanity, but here we all are, 9+ months later, and some of us actually recovering from it, and we’re making it. And will continue to make it.

I’m sorry to hear that you all are struggling with sleep too. This thing really is insidious. Although that is a good tip for the melatonin. I’m going to try to go to bed now but I can already feel the anxiety and pressure of not sleeping tonight building. What a viscous cycle this is!! Time to read until I can’t keep my eyes open. I hope your family is able to catch some good sleep tonight too ❤️

Hi @leanderson
    I'm officially 1 month post covid .
    I'm going through it also... my anxiety is definitely better than when I was 2 weeks I was so scared but right now my anxiety is more of what if my heart stops out of no where

I also feel embarrassed to be acting like this because when I look back I acutally had a mild case .. ya I had body aches , chest tightness and it took me about 3 weeks to feel better I wasn't gasping for air or in the hospital.

I also worry about heart damage, lungs etc
    I have some shortness of breath when I talk on the phone but only when I notice it .,
    I know it's not true shortness of breath because when I'm moving and doing I don't feel it .., I also have sore legs but from a nurse she said I need to build strength again .
    I'm more worried about my heart :( but my husband says the heart is the strongest muscle .

One thing that kinda has helped me is
    I joined a FB form I see a lot of people who had lingering symptoms months ago , I go and check if they are still alive .. and yes they are
    I saw a lady who had COVID pneumonia and was on oxygen for couple of months and she just had a heart scan and test and all came back normal .
    A lot of people there have lingering symptoms for months but doctors tell them they are fine .

But just so you know since I suffer from hypochondria I decided to leave those forms because I felt it was doing more damage than helping me ..

I do feel us hypochondria have it worse because even tho we didn't die we are now thinking ok but what if now I have something from my lungs or heart .

I been trying to just block my anxiety you know how when you have a symptom the more you focus on it the more it's there ? Or when you read a symptom and start feeling it ?
    But the moment you let go it' goes away ?
    It's not easy but I'm trying .,

My doctor prescribed celexa and I don't know if should take it .. but I really just want to overcome this anxiety...

The craziest part of all is this : I have a uncle currently in the hospital on a bipap and guess what he got really bad on day 10 not 1 months later .. on day 10 ..

The days I have anxiety or stress are the days I notice my lingering symptoms .. and the days I don't have anxiety are the days I feel better 💜💜💜

I know where you guys ate coming from
    I had the damned coonies (local slang for covid) for 3 months, fever wouldnt go away. HA sufferers must be having a torrid time with it but the odds are overwhelming in our favor

anyone else experience stuffy nose and sinus pain with covid? Waiting for my test results and can’t stop wondering if I have it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by willll View Post
    anyone else experience stuffy nose and sinus pain with covid? Waiting for my test results and can’t stop wondering if I have it or not.

Not been tested yet but husband is positive and im sure I am as well. I have blocked nose, sore throat and some sinus pressure - equally could just be sinus infection

Quote Originally Posted by Squishchips View Post
    Not been tested yet but husband is positive and im sure I am as well. I have blocked nose, sore throat and some sinus pressure - equally could just be sinus infection
    Do either of you have a fever?

Quote Originally Posted by willll View Post
    Do either of you have a fever?

No - both us completely normal - I am starting to feel bit worse but no fever as of yet

Really glad I found this thread! My boyfriend tested positive yesterday. Hes had symptoms since boxing day, and a bad cough since the 28th. I haven't been tested but I have fluey symptoms, I'm not so worried about myself although I am getting some chest tightness which is a standard anxiety symptom for me (i don't actually think its covid related but I do think I have covid).

I'm most worried about my boyfriends cough. Has anyone else had a bad cough with covid? I know it's one of the main symptoms but it is really worrying me. Hes 30 and in decent health, no underlying conditions. His breathing is ok but keeping an eye on it.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethalice View Post
    Has anyone else had a bad cough with covid?
    Yes. My cough was terrible. It lasted over 3 weeks and I coughed so much and so hard I hurt my ribs, my nurse friend said its called costocondrtitis. That took another week or so to get better.
    Last edited by NancyW; 31-12-20 at 22:17.

So sorry that you went through that but thankyou for the reassurance. Have you recovered now?

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information