Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Tested Positive - Success Stories and Reassuarnce

Re: Just Tested Positive - Success Stories and Reassuarnce

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethalice View Post
    So sorry that you went through that but thankyou for the reassurance. Have you recovered now?
    Thank you, I'm recovered but this virus drags on and on, it's plain annoying. I still can't taste or smell very much at all. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    Thank you, I'm recovered but this virus drags on and on, it's plain annoying. I still can't taste or smell very much at all. :-(
    I hope it comes back soon! Glad you've recovered from the main virus though

If anyone else is struggling with a cough, my boyfriend has been laying on his front (he normally always sleeps on his back) and that seems to be helping, as are hot baths. We were drinking hot honey and lemon until we ran out of lemon - got some coming in the food delivery!

I am still anxious about both of us, but he's on day 6 of symptoms now (I'm on day 4 but my symptoms are much milder) so hopefully once we get through the next few days we'll see an improvement and can relax more.

I hope it comes back soon! Glad you've recovered from the main virus though

If anyone else is struggling with a cough, my boyfriend has been laying on his front (he normally always sleeps on his back) and that seems to be helping, as are hot baths. We were drinking hot honey and lemon until we ran out of lemon - got some coming in the food delivery!

I am still anxious about both of us, but he's on day 6 of symptoms now (I'm on day 4 but my symptoms are much milder) so hopefully once we get through the next few days we'll see an improvement and can relax more.
    Hello - definitely sleep on his front - ive read thats so important and never lie on back always on side / stomach / sit up right. I found some breathing exercises on YouTube that are apparently really helpful too - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBkGDIeQwXo

What symptoms do you have out of interest?

Wish you both better very soon - my husband is positive but no symptoms as of yet - Im not sure if im positive or not but have sinus symptoms - day 4 also

Quote Originally Posted by Squishchips View Post
    Hello - definitely sleep on his front - ive read thats so important and never lie on back always on side / stomach / sit up right. I found some breathing exercises on YouTube that are apparently really helpful too - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBkGDIeQwXo

What symptoms do you have out of interest?

Wish you both better very soon - my husband is positive but no symptoms as of yet - Im not sure if im positive or not but have sinus symptoms - day 4 also
    Yes I'll make sure he does this, he's used to sleeping on his back and thinks that he might be getting back ache from not doing so - although I think that may be another symptom. He's now laying on his front and putting heat on his back to help with the ache when necessary. Thanks for the breathing exercises, I'll share them!

My main symptoms are fatigue - I cleaned the kitchen yesterday and it knocked me for six - and I feel generally quite sicky (no appetite) and achy. A bit of a stuffy head and some stomach problems. I did have a mild fever a couple of days ago but that's gone down now, and was coughing more than normal but not really now. I am sure I have it, but I am getting a test today to confirm, mainly because I think it would be beneficial to have it on my medical records.

Thanks a lot, I hope you and your husband are ok! For me it feels like quite a mild illness, a little worse for my boyfriend and symptoms go up and down but I'm sure we'll both be ok

Yes I'll make sure he does this, he's used to sleeping on his back and thinks that he might be getting back ache from not doing so - although I think that may be another symptom. He's now laying on his front and putting heat on his back to help with the ache when necessary. Thanks for the breathing exercises, I'll share them!

My main symptoms are fatigue - I cleaned the kitchen yesterday and it knocked me for six - and I feel generally quite sicky (no appetite) and achy. A bit of a stuffy head and some stomach problems. I did have a mild fever a couple of days ago but that's gone down now, and was coughing more than normal but not really now. I am sure I have it, but I am getting a test today to confirm, mainly because I think it would be beneficial to have it on my medical records.

Thanks a lot, I hope you and your husband are ok! For me it feels like quite a mild illness, a little worse for my boyfriend and symptoms go up and down but I'm sure we'll both be ok
    You can definitely get back ache from lying on your front as well - poor him hopefully it'll pass soon

Sounds like yours is really manageable so far - im similar but no fatigue or loss of energy at all - just feels like a sinus infection. I actually got a really similar reaction after my flu jab which is strange. Mainly just congestion, sore throat and sinus pressure

Will be interested to see if your test is negative or positive. I'm going to go for mine in a few days I think otherwise the panic will get the better of me. I'm now day 8 from exposure and day 4/5 of symptoms but they've not escalated - today just feels like a lot of sinus pressure but nothing ive not had before

ive read that vitamin C and zinc is really good - we bought some tablets that you dissolve in water to drink - so might be worth checking that out too

You can definitely get back ache from lying on your front as well - poor him hopefully it'll pass soon

Sounds like yours is really manageable so far - im similar but no fatigue or loss of energy at all - just feels like a sinus infection. I actually got a really similar reaction after my flu jab which is strange. Mainly just congestion, sore throat and sinus pressure

Will be interested to see if your test is negative or positive. I'm going to go for mine in a few days I think otherwise the panic will get the better of me. I'm now day 8 from exposure and day 4/5 of symptoms but they've not escalated - today just feels like a lot of sinus pressure but nothing ive not had before

ive read that vitamin C and zinc is really good - we bought some tablets that you dissolve in water to drink - so might be worth checking that out too
    Yes hopefully! He's on day 7 of symptoms now so if he improves even a little in the next couple of days I will feel much better. He is much more fatigued today and just wants to sleep (it's the first day he's stayed in bed) but that's no bad thing if it helps his body recover. His cough hasn't got worse since it started (but it's been bad then whole time).

Yes I'm ok, I get the odd tight chest but I think that's more anxiety than anything! Im also on day 5 of symptoms and they haven't escalated. Hopefully you will continue to have mild symptoms too - if you have it, that is! How is your husband?

Will update when I get the results, they turned my boyfriends around very quickly so I'll hopefully know tomorrow. Thanks for the tip with the vitamins, I will see what i can buy online!

Yes hopefully! He's on day 7 of symptoms now so if he improves even a little in the next couple of days I will feel much better. He is much more fatigued today and just wants to sleep (it's the first day he's stayed in bed) but that's no bad thing if it helps his body recover. His cough hasn't got worse since it started (but it's been bad then whole time).

Yes I'm ok, I get the odd tight chest but I think that's more anxiety than anything! Im also on day 5 of symptoms and they haven't escalated. Hopefully you will continue to have mild symptoms too - if you have it, that is! How is your husband?

Will update when I get the results, they turned my boyfriends around very quickly so I'll hopefully know tomorrow. Thanks for the tip with the vitamins, I will see what i can buy online!
    Amazing, thank you.

I'm the same - tight chest, odd little twinge of pain, aching arms, nausea - all anxiety symptoms!

Today im just quite congested - but I get this all the time so god knows. I have seen from an accidental google (stupid me) that sinus is quite common with covid but I dont know how much that is true. My ears are crackling away which is annoying

My husband is fine so far - no symptoms yet thank god. He's just stuck in the bedroom eating pot noodles and catching up on box sets so seems happy enough!

Amazing, thank you.

I'm the same - tight chest, odd little twinge of pain, aching arms, nausea - all anxiety symptoms!

Today im just quite congested - but I get this all the time so god knows. I have seen from an accidental google (stupid me) that sinus is quite common with covid but I dont know how much that is true. My ears are crackling away which is annoying

My husband is fine so far - no symptoms yet thank god. He's just stuck in the bedroom eating pot noodles and catching up on box sets so seems happy enough!
    I just replied to you on another thread, didn't realise you were the same person haha! But I was saying I understand your frustration after being so careful, we've been very careful all year too. But honestly it sounds like your husband will be an asymptomatic case and if you do have it it will be very mild. Happy to chat if you need anything, looks like we're both in the UK. Whereabouts in the country are you out of interest?

I just replied to you on another thread, didn't realise you were the same person haha! But I was saying I understand your frustration after being so careful, we've been very careful all year too. But honestly it sounds like your husband will be an asymptomatic case and if you do have it it will be very mild. Happy to chat if you need anything, looks like we're both in the UK. Whereabouts in the country are you out of interest?
    I hope so! Fingers crossed - and same to you - it's nice (sort of, obviously would rather none of us were going through this!) to have someone going through it at the same time. It's such a stressful time.

I'm just outside of Norwich, what about yourself?

I'm pretty much around 24/7 at moment - not anything else to do is there �� so do message anytime if you need xx

I hope so! Fingers crossed - and same to you - it's nice (sort of, obviously would rather none of us were going through this!) to have someone going through it at the same time. It's such a stressful time.

I'm just outside of Norwich, what about yourself?

I'm pretty much around 24/7 at moment - not anything else to do is there �� so do message anytime if you need xx
    Yes definitely, we're in it together! I'm in Bristol, cases went up here a lot when we moved from t3 to t2, so we moved back up to t3 a week later... think we contracted it in the brief week we were in t2 even though we didn't do anything risky!

Same here, I'm trying to go on here and chat to people rather than reaching for the news at the moment! We'll all be ok I'm sure xx

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information