Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Tested Positive - Success Stories and Reassuarnce

Re: Just Tested Positive - Success Stories and Reassuarnce

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethalice View Post
    I'm trying to go on here and chat to people rather than reaching for the news at the moment!
    Me too!!! The news is horrid and has been since the beginning of this. I felt and still feel such support and reassurance here.

Thank you 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    Me too!!! The news is horrid and has been since the beginning of this. I felt and still feel such support and reassurance here.

Thank you 🙂
    Absolutely! For any other illness, we wouldn't have a constant news stream of it. It's been a tough old year for everyone, and definitely those prone to anxiety, but I'm sure we're all even stronger now

@elizabethalice, So sorry you and your boyfriend are feeling poor, and for the positive test result. Coughs are actually a good thing with covid (although they can get very painful and difficult). My doctor and friend whose a nurse encouraged me to not take a cough suppressant for as long as I can, as the cough helps keep things in the airways loose. Sleeping on the stomach, as you’ve already pointed out, is very good too. I took two hot showers a day (one in the morning and one at night) and would do some force coughs in the steam. My cough though was not debilitating or extremely frequent, so if he’s coughing a lot already he may not need to force anything.

I hope you’re feeling okay too. Sorry to hear about your fatigue, I’m still feeling that a few months on, although it is much more manageable now. Just as you and the other posters on here have said, stats are on your side! You both are going to be okay, but I’m sorry you have to go through this ❤️

Thanks a lot for your message leanderson!

It's comforting to hear that coughs are good. He's definitely coughing a lot but if its helping, that's great! He has been up a couple of times tonight having coughing fits but generally I think he is improving. Seems less feverish and more like himself. Thanks for your tips.

Yes I'm ok thanks, I am definitely unwell but it's not the illest I've been, and I think my immune system is fighting it well. Despite intense fatigue I am still struggling to sleep (I'm a lifetime insomniac) which is the main struggle as I know my body needs it!

Yes the stats are on my side, and if we start making small improvements now I'll feel much better as it's been 6/8 days since we started showing symptoms. Promising signs with my boyfriend so fingers crossed

Thanks for taking the time to write, I really appreciate it!

Day 5/6ish of symptoms for me and 8 for my boyfriend

I had an awful nights sleep, probably only about 4 hours and today I'm feeling super anxious for it. I've managed to go so far without worrying too much about myself but I'm getting some chest tightness, however I know I always get this when I'm anxious!

I also got a bit too obsessed with my phones blood oxygen monitor, which was definitely the wrong thing to do as I think its faulty. It told me readings of 92% and 100% within 15 minutes of each other! Nearly all were over 97% though. I know, i need to stop doing it...

I always get anxious when I'm tired and I feel ok otherwise, but I've really spiralled anxiety wise today 😫

My boyfriend goes up and down but he does seem to be generally improving.

If anyone is able to help with my anxiety today, I'd be forever grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethalice View Post
    Day 5/6ish of symptoms for me and 8 for my boyfriend

I had an awful nights sleep, probably only about 4 hours and today I'm feeling super anxious for it. I've managed to go so far without worrying too much about myself but I'm getting some chest tightness, however I know I always get this when I'm anxious!

I also got a bit too obsessed with my phones blood oxygen monitor, which was definitely the wrong thing to do as I think its faulty. It told me readings of 92% and 100% within 15 minutes of each other! Nearly all were over 97% though. I know, i need to stop doing it...

I always get anxious when I'm tired and I feel ok otherwise, but I've really spiralled anxiety wise today 

My boyfriend goes up and down but he does seem to be generally improving.

If anyone is able to help with my anxiety today, I'd be forever grateful.
    I bought one of those oximeters from amazon - tested it yesterday it said 89 and started beeping and I swear I nearly fell over. Tested it again straight away 97 and 98 straight after. I think if you got a low reading in a row worry, if you get the odd one - its just not that accurate!

Do you use YouTube at all? Maybe a series on TV might be a bit much but I find YouTube quite helpful as its short videos so can help distract. Also a guy on there called Michael Sealey who does some relaxation/meditation videos

When im really bad I find having some background noise helps, a throat sweet or something like that also helps for some reason for me, and the usual stuff that helps anxiety that I never do despite it being helpful (breathing etc). Open a window, maybe do a face mask or something? sounds silly but might take your mind off things

Chest tightness is 100% anxiety symptom - I got some aches in my arm yesterday and same deal. It's like what was said on the other thread - anxiety makes this feel so much worse - physically symptoms of anxiety mixed in with being unwell creates a horrible feeling.

Today is day 5/6 - you've not got worse so it's really unlikely now (saying this to me as well) - we've got a week left - we can do this

Im sure other people on this thread will have really good advice as well - shall look out for this for me as well!

Yeah I'm gonna step away from the oximiter, especially if my breathing is normal! Thanks for the recommendation, I'm going to watch some YouTube and eat some instant ramen. Now I'm out of my spiral I can detach myself from it and realise that I am ok. Definitely, I've seen the doctor before about worse chest tightness than I have now and they said absolutely nothing to worry about, just anxiety!

You're right, not long now 😊 feel much more positive now! And I'm hoping that once we've recovered I'll have a lot more faith in the health of my body, and subsequently less health anxiety in general. As I've struggled with HA for 3 years, that would be a very good thing to come out of this!

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    Finally - Life after Covid positive

I am 1 month (and 2 days) after onset of covid symptoms and finally I feel recovered.

About 4 days ago I got my energy back, only lingering symptoms now are I can smell and taste very, very little. Sometimes I think it's coming back as a get a whiff of something and then, take a deeper sniff and nope, can't smell it. I also have rib and breast bone pain from coughing my guts out for 3 weeks.

Anyone else with us that had covid? It may be nice to compare notes to help encourage eachother.

Day 1 - cough and no other symptoms, easy to brush off.
    Day 2, 3,4 fever in the evening and all over sick, dragging flu feeling, very upset at the thought I had covid. The count was on, we have had a lot of fear instilled into us and counting the days since symptom onset is a common thing because at about a week some people crash and end up in the hospital. The fear is real.
    Day 6 positive Sofia 2 SARS Antigen FIA Swab test
    Week 1 and 2, height of symptoms, sick all over body flu feeling, cough (awful), taste and smell gone, headache, fatigue, heart racing with slight activity, out of breath quickly also stomach and diarrhea (sorry tmi) Every day I thought tomorrow will be better but it was the same, symptoms hang on which feels like will I ever get rid of this thing?
    Worst of it was for about 2 weeks (with some short moments of, hey, I feel better, then nope I don't)
    Week 3 I was functioning but still not great
    Week 4 return of energy hurrah !!
    Just been going back in this thread and my boyfriends symptoms sound very similar to yours Nancy. He promises me he's ok and he does have bouts of seeming better but the coughing fits are so horrible to hear!

I was confirmed as having COVID yesterday. My symptoms are mainly like a head cold/sinus, and I am on day 7. I feel like things are improving but have terrible headaches which I wonder if are tension related as they are at side and back of head. I have HA and am finding it hard not to spiral out of control with worry for myself and also my family. My hubby and elderly MIL both also have it and have more coughing chest symptoms. Both of them yesterday had to seek emergency care and fortunately all stats good so just keep on going with home care. Such a worry and feel like this is such an unknown. I feel a little reassured by this thread, any positive stories are welcomed as the news is like a horror film at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by flappergirl View Post
    I was confirmed as having COVID yesterday. My symptoms are mainly like a head cold/sinus, and I am on day 7. I feel like things are improving but have terrible headaches which I wonder if are tension related as they are at side and back of head. I have HA and am finding it hard not to spiral out of control with worry for myself and also my family. My hubby and elderly MIL both also have it and have more coughing chest symptoms. Both of them yesterday had to seek emergency care and fortunately all stats good so just keep on going with home care. Such a worry and feel like this is such an unknown. I feel a little reassured by this thread, any positive stories are welcomed as the news is like a horror film at the moment
    Hello - I do not have confirmed covid because im too much of a wimp to take a test but I also have sinus symptoms. My husband is confirmed and asymptomatic. It affects people differently - I dont know today If some aching I have is symptoms, or anxiety - and I think it's most likely anxiety as I'm really struggling today

You're on day 7 - do you know when you were exposed? I'd say your symptoms are mild so likely to stay mild

My MIL had to go to hospital too - she has really bad asthma and they've kept her in a few days - such a worry but please remember the very vast majority are fine with this

I would very much 100% stay away from the news. I have not switched on a news channel for a week and hidden all mentions of the horror stories where I can - it's not worth the affect to your mental health xx

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information