Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Tested Positive - Success Stories and Reassuarnce

Re: Just Tested Positive - Success Stories and Reassuarnce

Quote Originally Posted by flappergirl View Post
    I am out of isolation but have not been out, worried I am contagious still! I feel a little bit more energetic, and have done little chores here and there, with rests in between. Hubby is taking it easy but he has been moving about more. GP said just to keep eating and drinking and wasn’t too worried about the BP fortunately. Have discovered that the ibruprofen helps the pressure headache a lot and that lemsips calm the congested feeling. It is much better around lunchtime after a morning of clicking and popping!

Glad to hear that you are both feeling better, it’s such a relief to be past the end of isolation mark. Mentally it is draining still for me too, I wake up every day at 6am in a panic, and have anxiety on and off during the day. Hoping it settles as time goes on xx
    Glad you're feeling a bit better. It definitely takes its time and is wildly different for everybody. But good to know you've all turned a corner. Glad the GP wasn't worried too, that's great! I'll update our symptoms below. But yes I am struggling a lot mentally still, despite seeing improvements. I'm not so worried about myself but more so for my boyfriend, worrying for him that he wont get back to normal. But I know this is anxiety and it is irrational, he's 30 and healthy so the stats are heavily in his favour that he will shake this off. Hopefully the anxiety will lessen as the days go on. Xx

Day 11 of symptoms for me, day 13 for my boyfriend.

Seeing small improvements, but it is a slow road. I am out of isolation so I took the bins out haha - the small things! Won't be going anywhere else as I don't want to risk still being contagious but that was a necessity (masked up, avoided people and doused myself in sanitizer before doing so).

Also managed to cook a proper dinner and do laundry. So I am definitely improving and able to do more. My throat symptoms seem a little better too - it feels less inflamed.

My boyfriend has spent the whole day sitting up in bed watching movies, which is promising - 5 days ago he was just sleeping all day. He coughs very rarely now. I do worry about his breathing but I think that's more my anxiety over analysing things (it's fine when he's resting and its improving when he walks around, which the doctor said was ok as long as it doesn't worsen).

So I think we're on the mend. It's a long, slow road but we'll get there.

Hope everyones ok

Haven't updated this thread in a while! I'll keep updating it every so often until we are fully better, because it was so helpful to me to read other peoples success stories.

So we're on day 14 (me) and day 16 (my boyfriend) of symptoms now. Something like 22 days from exposure.

I'm basically back to normal. I get tired more easily than normal, but did manage a few hours work today as well as cleaning the flat - who knew being ill could be so messy?

My boyfriend is also improving, just at a slower pace. He doesn't really have symptoms now (no cough, no fever, taste has come back), but he is still very tired. He gets short of breath sometimes when he moves around, but that is definitely improving. We're hoping next week we'll be able to do a short walk outside!

So yes, both on the mend. It takes a while with this virus, but here's hoping we'll be back to normal fairly soon.

I will update again in a few days!

Hope everyones ok.

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethalice View Post
    Haven't updated this thread in a while! I'll keep updating it every so often until we are fully better, because it was so helpful to me to read other peoples success stories.

So we're on day 14 (me) and day 16 (my boyfriend) of symptoms now. Something like 22 days from exposure.

I'm basically back to normal. I get tired more easily than normal, but did manage a few hours work today as well as cleaning the flat - who knew being ill could be so messy?

My boyfriend is also improving, just at a slower pace. He doesn't really have symptoms now (no cough, no fever, taste has come back), but he is still very tired. He gets short of breath sometimes when he moves around, but that is definitely improving. We're hoping next week we'll be able to do a short walk outside!

So yes, both on the mend. It takes a while with this virus, but here's hoping we'll be back to normal fairly soon.

I will update again in a few days!

Hope everyones ok.
    Good to hear you are doing well. We are definitely feeling more normal although we both get hit by sudden waves of fatigue/tiredness during the day. I have returned to working from home since Monday and home schooling the kids, although I am not up to full energy. There is a degree of supervising from the sofa, kids bed etc! I am at day 16. Hubby hasn’t been back to work yet but he is hoping to early next week. He is day 18.
    My MIL is getting there but is very weak. She is at day 17. It will take time and patience, especially given her age. We all feel lucky to be at this point now, especially seeing the numbers in the media. I don’t know if it’s my imagination/anxiety but the media seem to be focusing a lot on long COVID. I wonder if it is a way of trying to get the message to people to stay home.

Stay safe and positive vibes to all x

I’m currently freaking out because my fiancé has tested positive for covid!

We’re not sure what day we’re on because he’s not sure when his symptoms started as they’ve been so mild. He thinks maybe Sunday which puts him on day 5? All he says is he feels like he’s got a head cold but he built a shed on Sunday afternoon and went to work Monday and Tuesday because he wasn’t feeling bad at all and it was only when he said yesterday that his coffee tasted funny that I booked him a test. We were completely shocked that it came back positive.

I’m now incredibly anxious because I’ve felt a bit rough for a few days like I’m getting a head cold so it’s clear I’ve got it now too and our 6 month old baby has had a mild cough for the last 2 days as well. None of us have a fever and I’m checking multiple times a day now and giving our baby calpol as a preventative measure but I can’t stop the anxiety and worrying that it’s going to get so much worse for all of us! 😭

Quote Originally Posted by fizzymoon86 View Post
    I can’t stop the anxiety and worrying that it’s going to get so much worse for all of us! 😭
    I've said for awhile now for many of us the anxiety is the worst part.

Will you get tested? For me, I needed to know one way or the other.

It could very well be all you get, crazy that it's got us all counting the days.

Keep in touch, there's a lot of support here to help get you through the days.

We’re not sure what day we’re on because he’s not sure when his symptoms started as they’ve been so mild. He thinks maybe Sunday which puts him on day 5? All he says is he feels like he’s got a head cold but he built a shed on Sunday afternoon and went to work Monday and Tuesday because he wasn’t feeling bad at all and it was only when he said yesterday that his coffee tasted funny that I booked him a test. We were completely shocked that it came back positive.

I’m now incredibly anxious because I’ve felt a bit rough for a few days like I’m getting a head cold so it’s clear I’ve got it now too and our 6 month old baby has had a mild cough for the last 2 days as well. None of us have a fever and I’m checking multiple times a day now and giving our baby calpol as a preventative measure but I can’t stop the anxiety and worrying that it’s going to get so much worse for all of us! 😭
    So sorry you're needing to go through this. If it helps at all, when I had COVID, it started like a head cold and the worst it got was like a bad head cold. Physically the worst symptom for me was fatigue and weakness. Definitely not the sickest I've ever felt. Easily the worst part was the anxiety and waiting to see what happens. There are a lot of scary stories, but there are more stories just like mine and what you'll see from others on this thread. Not a fun week or two, but manageable and something you WILL get through

I know it’s a worrying time but it sounds like your fiancé has a mild case and your symptoms are also mild. My symptoms were mostly like a head cold. I wouldn’t have got tested initially, until my husband tested positive along with other family members. By that time I think I was about day 5. I would suggest getting a test to be sure. Stock up on paracetamol, have some ibruprofen also on standby. Good idea to check temp but try not to overdo it. It might be an idea to get a pulse oximeter for reassurance. Recheck any odd readings. My hubby had a low one at one point but it seemed that it was the finger we used it on! Keep resting when you need to. Sounds like you are young and fit, so I’m sure you’ll be fine.

It’s really hard but try not to let anxiety overtake you. Don’t watch or read the news, distract yourself with other things. Message supportive friends and family if you are feeling low. This forum and the success stories/shared experiences helped me a lot to keep things in check.

Wishing you better soon x

Hello, sorry to hear you've tested positive but please don't worry, most cases are mild. Your symptoms sound similar to what mine were like - I was a bit fluey earlier on but that only lasted 2 days. My isolation finished last Saturday and I've improved a lot in the last week, I'm just a bit more tired than usual now.

My boyfriend seemed a lot worse than me from the start (high fever and bad cough) and we did end up calling 111 for him, but the doctor really wasn't worried and was very reassuring. My boyfriend has now nearly recovered (tested positive 29th December) and is planning on starting work again on Monday.

From what you've said, it sounds like your case is milder than mine - all I needed to do was rest for a week or so and then I was able to start doing some daily tasks. Try not to get too anxious, the huge majority of cases are mild. Order some vitamins online if you can, stay hydrated, and try to keep eating if you can. Let us know how you are getting on, here if you need to talk about it

I tested positive, only had mild symptoms; stuffed up hearing, nose stuffed up, dry cough/throat (felt like the back of my throat was a desert), weakness, lost my taste/smell for a few days. My family was the same ; stuffed up, sniffles, achy etc.
    My isolation time ended yesterday, feeling a lot better, symptoms now gone. It's just the anxiety and depression from being in the house for too long that's worse and having to deal with a bad housemate. I had huge sensory overload when I first went outside; cars were loud, lights were blinding.

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information