Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Tested Positive - Success Stories and Reassuarnce

Re: Just Tested Positive - Success Stories and Reassuarnce

Just wanted to come on here to thank every single person who had shared their stories and gave me reassurance during my recent covid illness. I tested positive a few weeks ago and had the fever, fatigue, cough and loss of smell. My illness only lasted about 6 days and my sense of smell returned a week later.

Not knowing anyone who had been through this (my family we’re all largely asymptomatic), it was incredibly comforting to read real stories on here and not get wrapped up in the horror stories in the media. This message board definitely kept me away from an anxiety spiral. I’m now back to full health and am staying safe but basking in my new covid antibodies. 😊 thanks again everyone. Stay safe.

Great news that you're through Covid and out the other side, RossisMum! Enjoy your antibodies and look after yourself and your family!
    What a lovely post too!

A month on and me and my boyfriend are nearly back to normal. Both able to do 10000 steps in a day without too much fatigue now as well as work all day. We both still aren't up for doing any high intensity exercise yet but we have faith that it will get there! I am still experiencing some chest tightness a month on, but everything I've read said that's normal and my case doesn't sound serious (not getting in the way of my daily activities). Theres also a high chance that my chest tightness could be anxiety as I've still been worrying about other little (non covid) things.

But generally, feeling good, much more energised, and more like ourselves again!

I'm so happy to revisit this thread and see so many stories of people recovering, as well as so many wonderful messages of support and comfort during the undeniably and understandably very scary time of covid. I hope this continues to help others know that it is not a death sentence, and that you can and will be okay.

If you had covid and are struggling with post-viral symptoms, keep pushing, you WILL feel better. I had extreme fatigue for about 4 months afterwards, as well as some lingering emotional distress and anxiety. It was probably one of the harder times of my life, but I was able to get through it, and you will too if you are struggling! 4 months from first feeling symptoms, I now feel totally back to normal. I'm able to work out again, my strength is coming back, my sleep is better, and most importantly, my mental health is improving. Things will be okay for you

It's a journey isn't it? Glad to hear you are well, this thread has been so helpful to me.

The combination of covid and HA is quite something.

Quote Originally Posted by leanderson2012 View Post
    I'm so happy to revisit this thread and see so many stories of people recovering, as well as so many wonderful messages of support and comfort during the undeniably and understandably very scary time of covid. I hope this continues to help others know that it is not a death sentence, and that you can and will be okay.

If you had covid and are struggling with post-viral symptoms, keep pushing, you WILL feel better. I had extreme fatigue for about 4 months afterwards, as well as some lingering emotional distress and anxiety. It was probably one of the harder times of my life, but I was able to get through it, and you will too if you are struggling! 4 months from first feeling symptoms, I now feel totally back to normal. I'm able to work out again, my strength is coming back, my sleep is better, and most importantly, my mental health is improving. Things will be okay for you

It's really good of you to come back to update and encourage us and I'm very pleased that you feel as if you're back to normal now after what must have been 4 very harrowing months. I hope I have your attitude and mental strength if I get Covid but I suspect I won't!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    It's really good of you to come back to update and encourage us and I'm very pleased that you feel as if you're back to normal now after what must have been 4 very harrowing months. I hope I have your attitude and mental strength if I get Covid but I suspect I won't!
    You would though! (although I hope you never have the find out ) I can't stress enough how certain I was that I would not make it through Covid if I got it (both mentally and in terms of surviving lol) I had the worst case scenario so clear in my head, and I was sure I wouldn't be able to cope with it if it came to pass. But we're all so much stronger in real life than we are in our heads, aren't we? I can't help but laugh about some of the anxieties I was having before the pandemic started. I keep saying to my past self, "Girl you have NO idea what's coming your way" lol. If I had told myself a year ago that there would be a global pandemic, and everything would shut down, and that I would catch the virus, I would have just given up and laid down right then and there because I would have been certain there's no way I could handle all of that. I'm sure a lot of you feel the same as well. But look at us! About a year in, and we are all still here. Pat yourselves on the back and be proud of your resilience. We're all so much stronger than we give ourselves credit for.

I think your experience proves that fear of something can in fact be far worse than the reality of the feared situation. There is no choice other than to face those fears head on.

You should be very proud of yourself for your resilience and for taking the time to help others in distress because so many people don't.

Thank you for your very welcome posts and advice on how to cope with Covid despite your own very understandable anxiety.

Hello, I'm a long, long, long time lurker on these boards!
    I've generally kept my health anxiety under wraps for the whole of the pandemic...but now I have tested positive (bit late to the party hey &#128517 and I am petrified. I'm hardly sleeping and googling a LOT which doesn't help the awful headache. So far my husband has been the worst affected (he seems to have brought it home from the plane after travelling home from work on the 19th) and has the general flu-like symptoms which seem better one minute, then floor him the next, but then I'm a few days behind him.
    I started with a very unusual headache on Friday, and had a cough on Saturday so thought I'd better test as he had already had his positive at this point. I got the call yesterday morning and the lady was like 'well you might feel fine now, but as we know with this virus things can change very, very quickly and you can deteriorate fast' well THANKS. So now I'm lay here just waiting to feel awful and it's the worst feeling. I can't cope with it. I know I have no existing conditions that I know of, and I'm 34, so in theory, not 'at risk', but then my mind keeps going back to all the articles I've read of 30 somethings who have died/been hospitalised etc. My husband is 34 too and he's not very well.
    I'm sorry for venting, I'n just looking for some reassurance and needed a place to post where people understand the anxiety aspect of what I'm feeling 😣

Hello mez and I'm so sorry that you are in the grips of Covid fear. We all understand the awful anxiety and it's quite understandable because no one can give you a definitive guide as to how it will affect you symptom-wise so you are just at the mercy of the watch and wait vigil..which must be torment and worse than the symptoms themselves.

This thread has got such a lot of useful information on it from people who have had Covid and have come out the other side magnificently. Have a good read through it because managing the anxiety is as important as managing the illness..maybe even more important for a young healthy person such as yourself.

I haven't had Covid yet so I'm not the best person to help you but I am a veteran at managing anxiety and am a carer for my adult children so I'd say it's really important to look after yourself and stay away from sites such as Digital Spy who will scaremonger and frighten and to limit your access to the news and to statistics in general. The only people who matter are the two of you. I'd try to distract yourself as much as you can if you feel up to it but rest if you don't and sleep if you can. This virus saps your strength so don't try to beat it by pushing on through..

Please keep posting because you will get replies which are based on experience of Covid and I can't give you that..yet..but just wanted to offer support x

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread Information