Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Just Tested Positive - Success Stories and Reassuarnce

Re: Just Tested Positive - Success Stories and Reassuarnce

Thankyou pulisa. I've read through a lot this thread- not all of it yet, does it make sense that I'm keeping a few pages to read later if I'm feeling anxious again?! I'm a terrible googler of things, and I often find the no more panic forum as a bit of an antidote to the horror stories I otherwise find myself reading online.
    I'm going to try my very best to not google anything today, and try and rest as much as is possible with a 5 year old! My husband seems brighter today so far, I've been letting him have our bed since Wednesday as he's been the most unwell, while I've been sleeping on a put up bed or the sofa, so tonight I'm going to move to the bed in the hopes that I get a few more hours of sleep.
    Most of my anxiety can be traced back to fearing the unknown and being out of control- both things are pretty standard with Covid I think aren't they.
    I just hope nothing worse comes along :(

You're doing all the right things,Mez. Look after yourself and make sure you go back to your proper bed tonight! With a 5 year old to entertain you need as much sleep as possible!

Keep off google and you'll be doing yourself a huge favour. Take it an hour at a time and don't get ahead of yourself re "inevitable" symptom progression.

Just deal with what you've got at present and don't think about "anything worse" which will only feed into your anxiety and sap your strength.

Thanks again Pulisa.
    Just incase anyone comes across this thread I thought I'd share updates as I go... It feels like the media are all saying how much the pandemic is winding down, it sometimes feels like we're the only family with it at the monent 😂
    I'm on day 5/6 and the headache has let up a bit. I've not been too bad today, appart from tired and my chest feels a bit tighter and heavier. It's not something that lends itself to panic though, so a lot of it was probably down to that. I'm still worrying about deteriorating as you read in the news etc, so trying not to count my chickens before they hatch so to speak.
    My husband is on day 7/8 and appart from a bit of a head cold and productive cough, seems much better. A world away from 2 or 3 days ago anyway. He completely lost his sense of smell and taste yesterday though and for someone who really enjoys food (and smelling his own farts...honestly) it's annoying him!
    Thankfully our daughter hasn't shown any symptoms yet. I've been worried as it's impossible to keep distanced.
    Anyway, I'll probably post another update soon.

Keep pushing through, I’m confident you both will be okay. Losing the sense of taste was not fun, but it only lasted about a week for me. I hope it’s similarly short for your husband as well. It’s very, very possible this is just going to be like a head cold with a few new things you haven’t experienced before (ie, loss of smell and taste). You’re already progressing nicely, and soon you’ll be able to bask in your glorious Antibodies! Rest up and hydrate, and try to eat even if you lose your appetite. You’ll get through this!

I know there's already "Vaccine Envy" but I suspect that there will soon be "Antibodies Envy" so you must enjoy yours and look on them as one "bonus" from contracting Covid !

Look after yourself, mez ..Every day is a day towards getting better and ditching Covid. Spring is on the way and there are better times ahead!

Hello, sorry I haven't posted here in a while but I hope this helps anyone dealing with covid!

I've been back to normal completely since about 20th February - 2 months after exposure to covid. However, I was able to do all my daily activities including work and a bit of walking after about 20th January.

I had some chest tightness and pain that gave me a lot of anxiety, but I had some tests done and the doctor said it was just inflammation of my chest muscles which is the most common reason for chest pain post-covid. It settled on its own.

Other than that, it just took a while for the fatigue to come back. Now I'm able to hike up hills at the same pace as I was doing before I got covid 😊 my boyfriend, who had a much worse case of covid than me actually recovered quicker than I did!

So I hope that is some help to people who test positive in the future. You'll be ok 💫

Hello,
    I tested positive for covid on Thursday, symptoms started on Tuesday so I’m on day 5 right now. I am so scared still. I feel like I’m hyper-focusing on everything and I know that’s making me feel worse. So far symptoms have been mild or improving since Tuesday, but I’m still waiting for the peak. My doctor said everyone is different, but day 5-7 are usually the worst. Some reassurance would be appreciated

Hello,

I know this forum is older but it's done loads in helping calm my anxiety. I'm 28, had childhood asthma, and I tested positive on April 28th but had symptoms since the 26th. I have had the worst breathing anxiety the past two days but things seem to be getting better; I am on day 9 and buying a pulse oximeter has tremendously helped me recognize when I am being a worry wart—not that our worries are invalid. All I know is that this sickness is so sh*tty for people with health anxiety lol I completely agree with former posts: the anxiety is worse than the illness LOL! I am having a bit of a rough day if anyone is on to chat. Also, this is my first time posting on here but I've been a health anxiety lurker here for ages. Thanks!

@petit.beignet I still have asthma, and made it through just fine. You're on Day 9 and are getting closer and closer to being able to leave quarantine! Around Day 9 was the worst mentally for me too; being stuck inside with just your thoughts and the worst case scenarios running through your head for 9 days is brutal. I would suggest starting a fun and easy show or book to read. Do you have Netflix? I watched Enola Holmes when I was quarantined, and it was the cute and fun distraction my mind needed.

I can also tell you this-after covid and dealing with some post viral symptoms, I feel as if I have a much stronger hold over my anxiety, specifically my health anxiety. It served as great exposure therapy to get a virus that's caused a global pandemic lol. Of course everyone is different and you shouldn't put pressure on yourself to grow from this, but I do think you're going to come out of this stronger. If you can today, try to think about where you'll be 5 days from now, when you're on Day 14 and can leave quarantine and can safely say that you are no longer in danger with this virus. Think about being in the position of others on this board, where we can tell someone "I've been there! It was scary, but I made it!" You're going to be able to do just that in just a few days time

Just found out I am positive today. Anxiety is through the roof started feeling a bit out of sorts on Sunday, felt awful yesterday and today is the same. I feel like it’s a sinus infection my nose is bunged up but I am getting snot, jaw, face and head hurt from the pressure. Temp of 37.6 15 mins ago this has increased since this morning. And throat feels like sand paper. I have had one hour of sleep and haven’t been able to eat anything except drink water and suck on ice cubes. I am so terrified right now. I worry that I will die.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread Information