Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Just Tested Positive - Success Stories and Reassuarnce

Re: Just Tested Positive - Success Stories and Reassuarnce

Quote Originally Posted by GadGirl View Post
    Just found out I am positive today. Anxiety is through the roof started feeling a bit out of sorts on Sunday, felt awful yesterday and today is the same. I feel like it’s a sinus infection my nose is bunged up but I am getting snot, jaw, face and head hurt from the pressure. Temp of 37.6 15 mins ago this has increased since this morning. And throat feels like sand paper. I have had one hour of sleep and haven’t been able to eat anything except drink water and suck on ice cubes. I am so terrified right now. I worry that I will die.
    Hello, all your symptoms sound very normal. I had all the sinus stuff, a bit of a temperature and exhaustion too. Your temp isn't too high - my boyfriends got to nearly 40 and he was fine! Read through all the comments on here and see how we progressed and try not to worry - everyone who posted on here was fine and I'm sure you will be as well 😊

Hi Elizabeth I am working my way through them all right now. Just trying to keep my anxiety at bay my papa passed away April last year from Covid so it’s given me a massive fear. As he seemed to be ok then took a bad turn on day 3 and died the next day so I’m absolutely terrified. Xxx

Hi Elizabeth I am working my way through them all right now. Just trying to keep my anxiety at bay my papa passed away April last year from Covid so it’s given me a massive fear. As he seemed to be ok then took a bad turn on day 3 and died the next day so I’m absolutely terrified. Xxx
    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss 😣 that's devastating and I understand how triggering it must be for you. I'm so so sorry that it happened and it was incredibly unlucky but keep remembering the stats - the huge amount of people do survive this virus. 10 days of isolation feels very long at the start but you'll get through it and then it will be a distant memory. I would recommend just putting on some TV, something easy to watch, phone people, order some nice food in if you're up for it and just take it one day at a time. Write here whenever you need, I'll keep checking back. Also feel free to DM me if you need to.

Yeah was horrendous however he was 89 and had been in a care home with advanced dementia for 10 years. Wasn’t in the best of health. My partner keeps telling me to try and distract myself. I have the thermometer constantly glued to me. And the pulse oxy as well oxygen levels are sitting 96-98 and heart rate is a bit high aswell 100 rest 120 when standing up but I’m sure that’s a mix of anxiety and because I am fighting a virus. I’m technically day 2-3 and it feels like a really bad sinus infection I’m not really coughing at all either so I’m praying that it will be very mild. Thank you so much :-) xxx

Yeah was horrendous however he was 89 and had been in a care home with advanced dementia for 10 years. Wasn’t in the best of health. My partner keeps telling me to try and distract myself. I have the thermometer constantly glued to me. And the pulse oxy as well oxygen levels are sitting 96-98 and heart rate is a bit high aswell 100 rest 120 when standing up but I’m sure that’s a mix of anxiety and because I am fighting a virus. I’m technically day 2-3 and it feels like a really bad sinus infection I’m not really coughing at all either so I’m praying that it will be very mild. Thank you so much :-) xxx
    Ok, that's very very sad and I dont want to take away from that but it sounds like you are in much better health and equipped to fight it.

Oxygen levels sound good, mine were a bit over the place but above 96 the whole time. My HR was high too. Definitely raises naturally when you have covid and anxiety won't help!

It sounds like you'll still have mild symptoms. Many of us had sinus type illnesses too and its likely to just stay like that.

If you do get worried you can ring 111 (think that's the same for Scotland or the Scottish alternative). My boyfriend was more ill than me (and much more than it sounds like you are) and we rang 111 about his symptoms and the dr was very reassuring.

Keep us posted

I don't want to hijack this thread, so admin let me know if I'm doing anything wrong. But has anyone tested positive post-vaccination? I got my first Moderna shot in March and the second in April and went out on Saturday night with friends to a couple of restaurants (outside) but then a bar (inside). I haven't been doing anything for over a year, and certainly not anything without masks, so of course now I'm convinced that on my first go out I've caught it.

I am quite tired today and was all day yesterday, but that might be normal as I'm nearly 30 and had a really bad hangover that started on Saturday night pretty much right after we headed home. That's normal right?

I also have a bachlorette trip coming up at the beginning of July and I just know that's going to trigger me too. I have absolutely no idea how I'm ever going to transition back to real life.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    I don't want to hijack this thread, so admin let me know if I'm doing anything wrong. But has anyone tested positive post-vaccination? I got my first Moderna shot in March and the second in April and went out on Saturday night with friends to a couple of restaurants (outside) but then a bar (inside). I haven't been doing anything for over a year, and certainly not anything without masks, so of course now I'm convinced that on my first go out I've caught it.

I am quite tired today and was all day yesterday, but that might be normal as I'm nearly 30 and had a really bad hangover that started on Saturday night pretty much right after we headed home. That's normal right?

I also have a bachlorette trip coming up at the beginning of July and I just know that's going to trigger me too. I have absolutely no idea how I'm ever going to transition back to real life.
    It's very unlikely you've caught it, especially since numbers are so low right now (where do you live?) I will say that I was pretty much at home since March 2020 and when I first started going out and doing things post-vaccine - even just going to the grocery store (I'd been doing curbside all this time) I was EXHAUSTED. Even just socializing is tiring. We went to a friend's house last week and sat outside talking for like 5 hours. I felt like I'd run a marathon. It's like going to the gym after a year away - your body and mind needs to readjust to a new level of activity.

It's hard to get used to being out and about again. Just take it slow. I started with going shopping on weekdays when it wouldn't be too crowded, then seeing people outside, and then yesterday we had our friends over inside the house. I still put my mask on inside busy stores, but have started to go to less crowded places without. We've all been traumatized - give yourself time! But, know that the chance of getting Covid is very, very low at this point.

Thank you! I'm in Manhattan, KS so not super large. We never had a super huge breakout and they've stopped reporting the numbers altogether so I guess that means it's not really prevalent here anymore?

It was definitely a lot to do, and with how hard the hangover hit me and so soon I suppose it's not surprising that I'm still wiped out today. It's hard to not worry, and it will be very hard to not worry when we do our girls' trip, but I guess we just do what we can. "Hard to not worry" is basically anxiety in a nutshell.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for the reassurance and kind words when I was diagnosed with Covid nearly 2 weeks ago. Tomorrow will be day 10 and I am allowed to leave isolation. I have to admit other than feeling very tired and still coughing up quite a lot of phlegm I feel back to normal. The worst for me was the first 4-5 days. I am so grateful for the response and kindness from everyone in the thread.

I beat it! Thank you

I beat it! Thank you

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread Information