Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nobody at my work wears masks?

Re: Nobody at my work wears masks?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Totally agreed MrLondon.

Some workplaces just aren't fit for purpose period, even in non-Covid times.

Some day care centres I have attended in the past (well before this pandemic) sported various physical H & S hazards, and when I informed the staff about them they got touchy with me and either denied there was anything wrong or said 'well we simply ain't got the staff nor the funds to deal with it'.

And this was even during the 'New Labour' era when there were supposedly more funds around!

But on the other hand they used to see H & S hazards in many other things whenever and wherever it suited them!
    That's completely insane, how could our government be so careless for so long? Yeah you are right they did at least did get some health & safety hazard protections in place, but could have included more restrictions/fines etc. for others such as in childcare centres etc. What's the most irritating is that the government is putting more attention on the anti-maskers and internet-wannabe-scientists than actual scientists, economists and doctors, rather than denouncing them and pushing for science based facts etc. But what do you expect from the government that has given us some of the weakest worker's rights in the western world, you'd think being one of the wealthiest countries in Europe we would have much higher standards in near enough everything.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLondon86 View Post
    That's completely insane, how could our government be so careless for so long? Yeah you are right they did at least did get some health & safety hazard protections in place, but could have included more restrictions/fines etc. for others such as in childcare centres etc. What's the most irritating is that the government is putting more attention on the anti-maskers and internet-wannabe-scientists than actual scientists, economists and doctors, rather than denouncing them and pushing for science based facts etc. But what do you expect from the government that has given us some of the weakest worker's rights in the western world, you'd think being one of the wealthiest countries in Europe we would have much higher standards in near enough everything.
    Too right MrLondon.

As far as politics go, no matter who's in power, we will always get those with 'can't-be-bothered'-type attitudes who will always revel in blame games and blatant denial, in spite of them often being the ones at fault themselves.

And I'm referring to people in workplaces (both workers and bosses) rather than politicians per se.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Too right MrLondon.

As far as politics go, no matter who's in power, we will always get those with 'can't-be-bothered'-type attitudes who will always revel in blame games and blatant denial, in spite of them often being the ones at fault themselves.

And I'm referring to people in workplaces (both workers and bosses) rather than politicians per se.
    Couldn't have worded it better myself, but it does show no one is immune to ignorance and the only cure is trusting in real education.

Yesterday a guy came around to take temps, he didn’t wear a mask but I guess he sounded better thanks coughjng guy. He took the girls behind me first and I heard them laughing and saying “no way man.” Hers was 100. He shrugged and said you’re fine and came over to me and took mine and mine said 100.4. He again just started laughing like it was hilarious and told us to have a good day and left. Now i am assuming it was not correct, I went home and took mine and I have been absolutely fine, but the fact that he didn’t even care that ours read high bothered me. Why bother taking them if it doesn’t matter anyways? And with my anxiety I sat there all day TERRIFIED that I really had a fever.

My brother worked at B&M and they opened up a COVID test center next door. He quit because a lot of customers wasn't wearing masks nor some workers and they didn't seem to have strict guidelines at his store. He said "What if people come in here before, or after, their test and their positive? The chances of them popping in for some shopping is highly probable".

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by UserName20 View Post
    And with my anxiety I sat there all day TERRIFIED
    You live in the US, we are to report to the local health department if we feel unsafe in any establishment.

I'm sure you know that, why haven't you called? I highly doubt you'd have to tell them your name.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information