Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
Totally agreed MrLondon.

Some workplaces just aren't fit for purpose period, even in non-Covid times.

Some day care centres I have attended in the past (well before this pandemic) sported various physical H & S hazards, and when I informed the staff about them they got touchy with me and either denied there was anything wrong or said 'well we simply ain't got the staff nor the funds to deal with it'.

And this was even during the 'New Labour' era when there were supposedly more funds around!

But on the other hand they used to see H & S hazards in many other things whenever and wherever it suited them!
That's completely insane, how could our government be so careless for so long? Yeah you are right they did at least did get some health & safety hazard protections in place, but could have included more restrictions/fines etc. for others such as in childcare centres etc. What's the most irritating is that the government is putting more attention on the anti-maskers and internet-wannabe-scientists than actual scientists, economists and doctors, rather than denouncing them and pushing for science based facts etc. But what do you expect from the government that has given us some of the weakest worker's rights in the western world, you'd think being one of the wealthiest countries in Europe we would have much higher standards in near enough everything.