Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 46 of 46

Thread: Dentist Anxiety - Tips & Tricks etc.

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    , , United Kingdom.
    Posts
    1,992

    Re: Dentist Anxiety - Tips & Tricks etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Was that all today? You did well! How are you feeling?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It was all in one sitting yes Scass. Two of them were root sections left in by my previous dentist. It was very sore but a bit better today thank you.
    __________________
    'It was a wedding ring, destined to be found in a cheap hotel, lost in a kitchen sink, or thrown in a wishing well' - Marillion, Clutching at Straws, 1987

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,857

    Re: Dentist Anxiety - Tips & Tricks etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    It was all in one sitting yes Scass. Two of them were root sections left in by my previous dentist. It was very sore but a bit better today thank you.
    I'm due a k9 out. Bricking it. I'd rather live with pain than go and get it removed. How messed up is that?

    I'm glad everything is ok fishman. You're over the worst of it Good man!
    __________________
    There's no reason for waiting to follow your dreams, you never know if you're going to be able to later in life.

    I am the king of typos.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    , , United Kingdom.
    Posts
    1,992

    Re: Dentist Anxiety - Tips & Tricks etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I'm due a k9 out. Bricking it. I'd rather live with pain than go and get it removed. How messed up is that?

    I'm glad everything is ok fishman. You're over the worst of it Good man!
    Thanks James. The way I look at it, there's nothing a dentist can do that's any worse than toothache. Just think, 30 minutes in his chair and the pain will be gone, you can do it buddy.
    __________________
    'It was a wedding ring, destined to be found in a cheap hotel, lost in a kitchen sink, or thrown in a wishing well' - Marillion, Clutching at Straws, 1987

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,857

    Re: Dentist Anxiety - Tips & Tricks etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Thanks James. The way I look at it, there's nothing a dentist can do that's any worse than toothache. Just think, 30 minutes in his chair and the pain will be gone, you can do it buddy.
    It's highly likely it will be this week under an emergency because the pain is at the point where I'd rather get it pulled. I've been in this situation a few times and when the pain is bad it outweights the fear.

    Are you all recovered now mate? Last tooth I had out caused me to have a nasty fever that night.
    __________________
    There's no reason for waiting to follow your dreams, you never know if you're going to be able to later in life.

    I am the king of typos.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    , , United Kingdom.
    Posts
    1,992

    Re: Dentist Anxiety - Tips & Tricks etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    It's highly likely it will be this week under an emergency because the pain is at the point where I'd rather get it pulled. I've been in this situation a few times and when the pain is bad it outweights the fear.

    Are you all recovered now mate? Last tooth I had out caused me to have a nasty fever that night.
    The gums are healing thanks James, though one last tooth needs to come out too in about a month. My front teeth are all fine, its just the back ones.

    Yep toothache is pretty brutal isn't it and there does come that point when you would gladly lay in that chair. I'd just go buddy, get it over with.
    __________________
    'It was a wedding ring, destined to be found in a cheap hotel, lost in a kitchen sink, or thrown in a wishing well' - Marillion, Clutching at Straws, 1987

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,857

    Re: Dentist Anxiety - Tips & Tricks etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    The gums are healing thanks James, though one last tooth needs to come out too in about a month. My front teeth are all fine, its just the back ones.

    Yep toothache is pretty brutal isn't it and there does come that point when you would gladly lay in that chair. I'd just go buddy, get it over with.
    It's a k9 and from the front you can't tell, but the back of the tooth ... oh boy. Feels horrible losing one of the front ones. I've seen partial dentures that are linked to other teeth using gold, but not sure on the price. Would be nice to get work done. Is finance a thing in dentistry?

    And yes you're right ha ha. I've had tooth ache in the past that was so bad I tried to pull it out myself. In the end I booked emergency appointment the next morning after days of no sleep.
    __________________
    There's no reason for waiting to follow your dreams, you never know if you're going to be able to later in life.

    I am the king of typos.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Health Anxiety & Exercising - any tips?
    By Andromeda in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-08-17, 04:29
  2. Anxiety about something shown on X-ray at dentist & tooth pain
    By Littlemisssunshine10 in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-07-17, 17:27
  3. Tips and tricks that will help your anxiety go away
    By HauntMuskie in forum Top Tips
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-04-15, 10:36
  4. Personal Tips/Tricks on treating anxiety?
    By xgraceex in forum General Anxiety / Generalised anxiety disorder (GAD)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-03-13, 13:09

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •