Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dentist Anxiety - Tips & Tricks etc.

Exclamation Dentist Anxiety - Tips & Tricks etc.

So after giving advice to another person on here that suffers from Dentist anxiety, I've decided to follow my own advice and book an appointment with a new dentist as I had bad experiences with my old one (even though he was a really good dentist). Now that the appointment is this afternoon I'm starting to panic and feel like a panic attack is coming, desperately trying to reassure myself. Anyone have any helpful advice, tips, tricks or questions I could ask the dentist beforehand?

PS: Also a big reminder to everyone to do get check-ups every 6 months.

Re: Dentist Anxiety - Tips & Tricks etc.

I'd love to hear others' thoughts on this as well.

My dentist has recommended that I have my wisdom teeth removed, but I am too nervous to.

Since Spitting Image has come back on, I've started to see people as SI puppets, and it makes me laugh.

I'm going to try it out on whoever is doing my ultrasound later on.

Well my dentist advised taking one diazepam the night before and one at the appointment and I was like no way will I be doing that. Then I ended up on diazepam through my GP and I took it as usual and when I was there and the dentist decided to do my tooth there and then I took another. I refuse anesthetic 100% and had my filling sorted. Some she had to do manually as it was quite painful but the rest she did with a drill now my tooth is fixed. If you don’t have anesthetic you can eat straight after as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got back from the dentist and all my fears have come to pass... really not sure what I should do :(

Quote Originally Posted by MrLondon86 View Post
    Just got back from the dentist and all my fears have come to pass... really not sure what I should do :(
    I had severe dental anxiety. When I finally went because my tooth pain was unbearable I found out I had 9 cavities and needed a root canal. I was devastated. Only advice I can give you is jusy go through with whatever you need done. That's what I did and slowly after a few appointments it got better. I told them about my anxiety and they were very kind and understanding. After having a few good experiences my dental anxiety is gone. If only the rest would leave so easily lmao. Positive thoughts, you can do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuraimoar View Post
    I had severe dental anxiety. When I finally went because my tooth pain was unbearable I found out I had 9 cavities and needed a root canal. I was devastated. Only advice I can give you is jusy go through with whatever you need done. That's what I did and slowly after a few appointments it got better. I told them about my anxiety and they were very kind and understanding. After having a few good experiences my dental anxiety is gone. If only the rest would leave so easily lmao. Positive thoughts, you can do this.
    Thank you so much, genuinely appreciate the support. Keep telling myself that the dentist has my own interest at heart even if my anxiety doesn't. He did genuinely come across as a really nice person and he even talked about all options etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLondon86 View Post
    Thank you so much, genuinely appreciate the support. Keep telling myself that the dentist has my own interest at heart even if my anxiety doesn't. He did genuinely come across as a really nice person and he even talked about all options etc.
    If you don't mind me asking what do you need to have done? Maybe I can give you some advice if I had something similar.

Well it's a real long story, but basically removing all the gunk from underneath the gums and possibly removing 2/3 that are completely ruined.

Well just take it one appointment at a time. I've never had any teeth pulled but most of mine are mostly filling at this point. And use this as a lesson for better oral hygiene in the future. I don't know how your health care system handles dental work (in the US its very expensive and dental insurance sucks) but if you can afford it there are some great dentures and implants now that look very natural. You can always PM me if you want to talk or are having a bad day

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information