Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dentist Anxiety - Tips & Tricks etc.

Re: Dentist Anxiety - Tips & Tricks etc.

Genuinely appreciate the support and I will keep it all in mind

Anytime. Keep your head up. Were all in this together

Same goes to you bud. If you ever need a friendly ear, don't be shy to send a message.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLondon86 View Post
    Just got back from the dentist and all my fears have come to pass... really not sure what I should do :(
    What fears?

What happened?

Not a dental app (mine was ultrasound) but I do get anxious about them. in the end, I had to take my migraine meds to be able to make the appointment and I was away with the fairies - almost dozed off at one point. I can't remember what the woman looked like!

Back to the dentist though..

I've had several full-on panic attacks in the dentists chair. Turns out, I was reacting to the adrenalin in the local anaesthetic...
    There is a light. There is. Look for it. Look for it shining over your shoulder, on the past. It was light where you went once. It is light where you are now. It will be light where you will go again. ~ Jennifer Worth

That something was wrong with my teeth, gums and jaw. But fingers crossed it doesn't worsen.

So the way I understand from reading your posts, you have a lot of plaque and a couple of bad teeth that need removing?

If this helps, I'd avoided the dentist for a few years (mainly for financial reasons) and then I hit the menopause and read how important gum health is for the heart, especially when women are lacking the protection of oestrogen. My gums were bleeding and in a bit of a state. It literally took one deep cleaning session to turn things around and now I have minimal plaque which gets sorted out with the hygienist. Takes her 5 minutes and she charges me 50. Her name is Rebecca but I prefer to call her Dick (as in Turpin).

Hubs has a fear of the dentist. He won't admit, but he never goes... He recently lost one of his front teeth to a Jelly Tot. Yes, a poncy Jelly Tot. Now he looks like one of The Wurzels.
    There is a light. There is. Look for it. Look for it shining over your shoulder, on the past. It was light where you went once. It is light where you are now. It will be light where you will go again. ~ Jennifer Worth

Really appreciate it Nora, you good lady are a legend . Indeed the human body is essentially a biological machine where each part one way or another relies on other parts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information