Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dentist Anxiety - Tips & Tricks etc.

Re: Dentist Anxiety - Tips & Tricks etc.

It will be over and done with before you know it. I think my whole root canal procedure took about 45 minutes from the point I sat in the chair. It was actually very quick and completely painless. They put a program on the television for me (which admittedly I didn’t watch) but he was great about telling me every step of what he was doing.

you’re going to do great!

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    It will be over and done with before you know it. I think my whole root canal procedure took about 45 minutes from the point I sat in the chair. It was actually very quick and completely painless. They put a program on the television for me (which admittedly I didn’t watch) but he was great about telling me every step of what he was doing.

you’re going to do great!
    Thanks glassgirl You're a star. I'm sure I will do ok. This whole covid variant we have here has upped the anxiety, but I can't keep putting off the dental work. I booked myself in last February and cancelled, that's why the tooth has become worse.

I’m sure your dentist office is taking all the necessary precautions to keep patients safe. They say here that docs and dentists offices are some of the safest places around right now because of the crazy amount of cleaning they’re doing. Does make you wonder what they were slacking off on before though lol...

I managed it glassgirlw!! It took maybe 35 to 40 mins and I only felt some pain towards the end. But he had already said the infection was deep. He did a descale as well. My jaw is bruised now after the anaesthetic has worn off. Yep both he and his assistant were wearing what almost amounted to hazmat suits!!

I'm so weird because I love the dentist. I just had to have a cavity filled (First in 30+ years!) and it was pain free and quick. We were laughing and chatting most of the time. Regular dental visits (every 6 mo or every year) are really beneficial to your health.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    I managed it glassgirlw!! It took maybe 35 to 40 mins and I only felt some pain towards the end. But he had already said the infection was deep. He did a descale as well. My jaw is bruised now after the anaesthetic has worn off. Yep both he and his assistant were wearing what almost amounted to hazmat suits!!

Yay!!’ I’m so glad it went well!! I’ve been wondering about you today - I’m horrible with time difference calculations so I was hopeful you’d post once you were done. The bruising is probably to be expected, maybe try some ice or cold packs on your cheek/jaw just to help ease it. But once it’s all healed up you’ll feel like a new man (at least your teeth will lol!). Congrats on seeing it through! That’s huge for us with dentist phobias!

Well done for going through with this, Fishman! Hope it makes future visits seem less daunting. I'm sure you would choose post-treatment soreness over dental pain as a result of not going to get treatment?

Dentists have done a wonderful job throughout covid. Can't be much fun having to root around in so many people's mouths not knowing what else they could come into contact with..!

Dentist tomorrow The tooth he root-filled has disintegrated and a filling came out of another tooth along with a chunk of said tooth. So extraction is on the cards I think.

Three extractions and a filling, oof

Was that all today? You did well! How are you feeling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information