Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Dentist Anxiety - Tips & Tricks etc.

Re: Dentist Anxiety - Tips & Tricks etc.

Really well done, Fishman! That's a traumatic experience for anyone let alone someone with dental appointment anxieties..

Try and have a quiet afternoon if you can?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Really well done, Fishman! That's a traumatic experience for anyone let alone someone with dental appointment anxieties..

Try and have a quiet afternoon if you can?
    Thank you Pulisa. I'm fortunate in the fact he's a brilliant dentist. I barely feel the needle and he always, without fail, makes sure I'm totally numb before he does anything. Sadly the anaesthesia has worn off and these stitches feel weird, like I've got something stuck in my mouth.

Have you been advised as to pain relief? I'd take at least paracetamol now because your jawline and gum have been traumatised. I had diclofenac for my extractions but not sure that's allowed now.

Are the stitches self-dissolving?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Have you been advised as to pain relief? I'd take at least paracetamol now because your jawline and gum have been traumatised. I had diclofenac for my extractions but not sure that's allowed now.

Are the stitches self-dissolving?
    They are indeed self-dissolving. The leaflet says to take ibuprofen and yes I should really take something. Not Mrs F's dihydrocodeine though!!

Don't wait for pain to kick in. You'll need to sleep tonight.

Good for you Fishman. I need all four of my wisdom teeth out, have for years. Just haven’t ever worked up the courage to actually do it. It’s silly, I’ve had teeth pulled before and it’s no big deal. But these will require cutting out and I don’t do well with thinking of being put under, hence the massive delay on my part lol.

I agree with Pulisa - stay ahead of the pain on this one. And don’t drink from straws - you do not want a dry socket!!!!

Thank you both for your kind replies and apologies for not responding sooner. However, I now have an infection at the tooth site. I did think it was taking time to heal and a quick shine of the mobile phone's torch revealed the gunge. This despite the salt rinsing. Though its a fine line to tread between keeping the wound clean but not wishing to disturb it. So 11-30am tomorrow for the dentist.

Dentist tomorrow 9-45 Another tooth at the back, that last week he said he could fill, had a chunk break off. I can see another pliers job again.

Oh no, they found something then Was this the ‘discomfort’ you were talking about?.

I know all about pliers at the back..at least it’s reasonably quick. Good luck, you never know they may still try to save the tooth and fill it.

Ghost…Spillways

It has to come out, the decay is quite deep but the tooth has long roots. He's offered me a slot for this afternoon 2-45. He thinks he can do it, if not will send me to hospital. oo-er

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information