Thread: Mole itched so much I scratched it away.

Mole itched so much I scratched it away.

A few weeks ago a mole on the base of my foot itched so much that I itched it off. I have had it since a child. It's always been a small light brown pigment of skin and never changed shape, size or color. One day my sole itched like crazy and it was the location of the mole. The mole looked exactly like it always did. I scratched away the top layer of skin to relieve the itch and it bled and left a little wound. It healed fine ... but now the mole is gone

I'm not thinking Cancer at all. But just wanted to know if anybody had this happen before?

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: Mole itched so much I scratched it away.

I remember reading moles can just - fall off, so I guess it would make sense it could be scratched off if it was “loose” for lack of a better way of putting it x

It was more like a light brown pigment circle than anything else. Like a very light cup of coffee. Wasn't a lump or raised in a way that it could fall off. The itch was like athletes foot and I scratched that part of the skin so much that I took some layers off. It was part of my identity since I was little and it's a bummer that it's now gone.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

You can always get a tattoo

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    A few weeks ago a mole on the base of my foot itched so much that I itched it off. I have had it since a child. It's always been a small light brown pigment of skin and never changed shape, size or color. One day my sole itched like crazy and it was the location of the mole. The mole looked exactly like it always did. I scratched away the top layer of skin to relieve the itch and it bled and left a little wound.

I'm not thinking Cancer at all. But just wanted to know if anybody had this happen before?
    I'm thinking that your mole happened to be in the area which was itching through other causes..

but now the mole is gone
    I'm quite fond of some of my moles too WIC. Not so fond of the seborrhoeic warts though. Ugly things.

Thread Information