Thread: war/ US election / Trump anxiety

war/ US election / Trump anxiety

Hi all

With the news of Iran and Russia interfering with the election, comes a stomach wrenching wave of anxiety over me. I don’t know enough to understand why or the implications of this but my mind goes straight to catastrophic consequences. I also have been reading that if Trump is voted out (likely at this point i believe) he will not leave peacefully, which worries me as well. I’m about to go to the beach with my friend to get my mind off things but i have questions

1. is it likely that the Iranian and Russian interference will lead to any kind of war or conflict?

2. if trump is voted out, should there be concern of him starting a war or conflict to show off or make it hard for him to leave?

i’m panicked right now and just need some advice on both the situation and how to calm myself down. thanks in advance lovely people!!

Re: war/ US election / Trump anxiety

I'd just go to the beach and switch off from politics for a while? Media speculation is all panto and you will naturally catatrophise over anything you read..but it doesn't mean it's going to happen.

I believe it'll happen. Not a conflict over foreign interference, but Der Fuhrump doing everything, even provoking war, to stay in power. And I have to be reminded of it every day!
    Last edited by FrankT; 25-10-20 at 19:37.

He'd have to have the generals on his side, Frank. And I very much doubt they are.

There'll be a lot of noise *if* he loses convincingly, but that's it. Probably a few scuffles amongst the Far Right in the US and that's it.

Seriously, buddy - do not worry about this. It is not worth wasting your mental energy over it or stressing yourself unduly. This is a "hypothetical worry" of the worst kind.

You can do this.

He’s not a one man band. Going to war requires the support of many, many others - not just him. If (when, hopefully) he loses, do I think he’ll put up a fuss and question the validity of the votes? Absolutely. But I do not fear going to war at all. I would put this one out of your head.

And we have term limits. G-d bless the 22nd amendment. Even if we are stuck with him for 4 more years, that's it.

I should add, right now, I'm more worried about his effect on the Supreme Court.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    And we have term limits. G-d bless the 22nd amendment. Even if we are stuck with him for 4 more years, that's it.

I should add, right now, I'm more worried about his effect on the Supreme Court.
    Right there with you. They will have the power to rewrite history. And not for the better.

Win or lose the effect will be...endless media and experts telling us their truth, the one that depends on who has paid the fee to appear.

Remember they told us he would start WW3. Still waiting

The effect this has on other countries is about the policies of those entering office. And even then what you hear during election time is biased nonsense aimed at provoking public reaction. Once in there are practicalities forced on them by big business that override the flag waving nonsense.

Seriously, if Trump is voted out of power over the coming days he won't even have any authority to start a World War Three or whatever, simply over a democratic defeat. He would then be considered a potential 'terrorist' and would probably end up doing porridge simply because he threw his toys out of the pram and threatened an all-out war simply because he lost a democratic election.

Also, what direct impact is it likely to have on Australia/NZ?

Thread Information