Thread: Mirtazapine and Olanzapine

Mirtazapine and Olanzapine

I take 30 mg Mirtazapine and 10-20mg Olanzapine. Just curious if anyone else has tried this combo and was able to loose weight. Looking for suggestions and ideas. These 2 drugs have helped me greatly just the weight is scary lol. I hear it will plateau but shoot no luck yet.

Looking for others with similar stories with some sucess? They are thinking of changing me to resperidone but I am too nervous right now.

Re: Mirtazapine and Olanzapine

Mirtazapine is notorious for usually helping people put on weight not loose it!

1. We did the hard months in lockdown abiding by rules for you to get here.
    2. No one gives a shit if you prefer white towels or hotels with sea views.
    You're in quarantine for fourteen days ...obey the rules.

The 2 drugs saved my life (I tried going half on Olanzapine) and was told by my dr to go back to 20 (I became an ocd/anxiety wreck. Still recovering)

I hope to one day have a psychiatrist.I had one lined up but my anxiety messed that up. I acted out and said I want a female one and that I would be more comfortable. When I realized what I did I tried to take it back but it was too late. My Sleep Dr is trying his best to help me cope thankfully. I was at my ends for the past couple of weeks, Wanting to give up I can't it's not in my blood no matter how much of a thought that is.

dr said we can go from 20mg olanzapine to a higher dose if needed. I am still anxious and full of ocd but capable of somewhat talking myself down. Hard but I am trying repeating things like "it's ok dont worry" and "this is just anxiety it is not a actual problem"

Quote Originally Posted by SEANML View Post
    dr said we can go from 20mg olanzapine to a higher dose if needed. I am still anxious and full of ocd but capable of somewhat talking myself down. Hard but I am trying repeating things like "it's ok dont worry" and "this is just anxiety it is not a actual problem"
    Taking meds at ineffective doses is counter-productive, imo. The point of taking these meds is to banish almost all anxiety (or depression) to allow you to function 'normally'. White-knuckling through anxiety just reinforces it.

Thread Information