Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What a blessed day it is today

Re: What a blessed day it is today

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Typical teenager ha ha. My son is a teenager now and it's hard work. The hardest years imho because as a parent you've done all you can to mold them into something great, and then go the complete opposite way. Lots of arguing back, lots of moodiness.
    I've already been through the teenage boy experience (twice) Crusty sheets, unidentified life-forms in mugs, and the smell of feet.

Now it's my baby boy's turn. He's only 11 - I think the word they use today is 'tween'? But he's moody as hell, has lost the ability to form actual words, and he's got a moustache. Mr Batty and myself both hit puberty at 11 so the dude didn't stand a chance.

I miss vinyl so much. I recently got a tape deck so I'm on the hunt for tapes. I like to sample old music and remake it into something different.
    I've got me a record player and tape deck. I also bought a replica of the little red record player I had as a little girl. The ones that look like a suitcase? Streaming music online is convenient, but sometimes I like to put a record on and hear it come alive. Vinyl evokes the senses for me because I grew up with records. I can remember the excitement of going to the record shop with my dad and him buying me an album. In my day that was a rare treat as albums were mostly birthdays and Christmas or I had to save up for weeks to buy one. Both my parents loved music and our house was never without it. The great thing about having music loving parents is that there are so many songs which bring them back to me.

Re: What a blessed day it is today

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Typical teenager ha ha. My son is a teenager now and it's hard work. The hardest years imho because as a parent you've done all you can to mold them into something great, and then go the complete opposite way. Lots of arguing back, lots of moodiness.
    I've had the teenage son experience, twice before. Crusty sheets, unidentified lifeforms in mugs under the bed, and the smell of feet.

Now it's my baby boy's turn. Technically he's 11 which I believe makes him a 'tween'? But he's moody as hell, has lost the ability to form words, and has a moustache.

Mr Batty and myself hit puberty at 11 so the dude didn't stand a chance.

I miss vinyl so much. I recently got a tape deck so I'm on the hunt for tapes. I like to sample old music and remake it into something different.
    I have me a record player and tape deck. Also a replica of the little red record player I had a little girl. I like the convenience of streaming online music, but, as with CDs, it lacks the 'soul' of vinyl. I grew up with records. My parents both loved music and there was always music playing in some room. Like me, their musical taste was so eclectic, and vast. Borrowing an album, or being allowed near the Hi-fi was the Holy Grail for me. I offered Dad a listen of my King Kurt, but he said something along the lines of. 'Listen to those louts? I'd rather snog Margaret Thatcher!'
    That said, the last album he ever played was my Queen album. Who Wants to Live Forever for a dying man seems apt, and my anthem is on there too - I Think I'm Going Slightly Mad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information