Thread: Why does my worries feel real

Why does my worries feel real

Hi again thinking my recent worry is ocd based as i can’t get it out of my head. So i would say the constant feeling of anxiety is making it feel if it is true or should be true or it will come out as true because it feels it. Like other worries they tend to be the same end result. You worry about the what ifs. I have shared my recent worry but i still don’t feel satisfied as i can’t confess as i cheated around 6 yrs ago and it’s how and what happened that’s making me feel uncomfortable so much. I am ruminating so so much it’s horrible. I just want this reassurance just to clear my head then think logically, hope you understand please. Thanks

Re: Why does my worries feel real

If anyone wants to no my recent posts you can easily tell what i,m worrying about. I have posted a few times over the days in OCD AND OCD THOUGHTS. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer47 View Post
    but i still don’t feel satisfied as i can’t confess as i cheated around 6 yrs ago and it’s how and what happened that’s making me feel uncomfortable so much.
    What do you mean, cheated?

Hi Nora it was around 5 /6 yrs ago cheated on my wife and other person cheated on her husband. It wasn’t an affair just a 1 night flirt and cuddle in bed with me doing all the fondling massaging etc. Slight intercourse. But this chain of events set m anxiety off months after it regarding did i rape her. Or abuse her then the anxiety went away. We both just agreed it needs forgetting about still no each other spk etc. But my now recent bout of anxiety has brought it up again. Because it was me doing all the fondling etc. She said at the time we wil just cuddle i said can i massage you etc she said yes and that was it really. She did say i was persistent but i said sorry. I feel guilty actually now writing this. All the thoughts and false or true memories are flooding in. Saying you did abuse her also that you cheated and it will come out that i did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer47 View Post
    Hi Nora it was around 5 /6 yrs ago cheated on my wife and other person cheated on her husband. It wasn’t an affair just a 1 night flirt and cuddle in bed with me doing all the fondling massaging etc. Slight intercourse. But this chain of events set m anxiety off months after it regarding did i rape her. Or abuse her then the anxiety went away. We both just agreed it needs forgetting about still no each other spk etc. But my now recent bout of anxiety has brought it up again. Because it was me doing all the fondling etc. She said at the time we wil just cuddle i said can i massage you etc she said yes and that was it really. She did say i was persistent but i said sorry. I feel guilty actually now writing this. All the thoughts and false or true memories are flooding in. Saying you did abuse her also that you cheated and it will come out that i did that.
    By the sounds of it, all you are guilty of is cheating on your Mrs. OCD is responsible for the rest..

It's obviously not going to be as easy as forgetting this, cocker..

I think you need to speak to somebody or it will continue to fester and drive you nuts.

Hi Nora thanks for your reply. Your correct i can tell it’s my ocd exaggerating it, and i do feel guilty more maybe. Even though this 1 night fumble. Thing is deep down i was wanting reassurance on did i abuse but that’s my ocd wanting satisfaction.

Thread Information