Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Film Club in Chat room from 9pm Saturday

Re: Film Club in Chat room from 9pm Saturday

That's a shame, Carnation. Films should attract people and there is so much to discuss.

These group things don't seem to stick on here.

I would get into this one but I'm rarely free before 11-12 at the moment.

I know Terry, it is a shame that people don't seem to want to chat about things besides the coronavirus, the lock down and their problems.
    I gave plenty of time for people to pop in from 9pm-1am and hanging around for 4 hours waiting was just making me feel miserable.
    People are entitled to do as they please and obviously the film club was of no interest to people.
    Last edited by Carnation; 08-11-20 at 20:31.

Carnation,I said I was interested but with the time difference it is hard trying to remember I went into chat last night but remembered it is Sunday morning our time
    I know it would be deflating I know how you feel,I tried years ago with funny pics but people sent me pm’s telling me how crude I was so I deleted most of them just to keep some sad people happy.
    Don’t let this set you back.

Thanks Lola. I know the time difference is awkward.
    Hey maybe people just don't want to have a good time or laugh.

I'm sorry, Carnation. It was a really good idea but please don't take it personally? It's hard to keep these things going online but at least you tried and maybe it's something which can be resurrected at a later date by someone else if you'd rather not be involved? x

Thank you Pulisa x
    I think all the hanging around, waiting was just making me more stressed and I didn't want to continue with that scenario. Yes maybe later it can be resurrected. Or maybe something else. I'm open to ideas. x

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Thank you Pulisa x
    I think all the hanging around, waiting was just making me more stressed and I didn't want to continue with that scenario. Yes maybe later it can be resurrected. Or maybe something else. I'm open to ideas. x
    Genuinely am super sorry I missed Film Club... I'll defo still pop in this evening for a good ole chat if anyone is there. It's such a great idea and we've all had some great chats. Just a thought, but is there a way to remind people on here of these "Film Club" chat parties etc.?

PS: If you need any help with reminding people or spreading awareness of the Film Club etc., let me know

I’m horrible with time conversions lol so I would always see this thread but can’t ever figure out what time 9 pm is where I’m at

I’m sorry C, it’s a great idea but I’m often asleep by about 9.30pm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Mr London. The film club night is no more for the time being. Although a revival is always possible.
    I did put up reminders every week, but as Scass says, they are many people that go to bed early, especially in these winter months.
    I felt it needed a group rather than a few and I'm so pleased you popped in to join us. I wouldn't expect everyone to turn up every week and there lies the problem.
    Maybe if people show an interest and come on this thread to express that, the film club could be resurrected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information