Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worst case scenario has happened & I am not coping

Re: Worst case scenario has happened & I am not coping

It’s not so much the virus that hurts you, it’s your immunes response that is the problem, and that is regulated by a modulator – vitamin D. without a good level of vitamin D, your immune system over reacts.

You'll get through because you have no choice in the matter. You'll be scared but you'll get through..

I know, Pulisa, you're very right.
    Last edited by Lushchicken; 28-10-20 at 21:36.

The hospital just called. The machine that was supposed to analyse my COVID test (and others, of course) is broken. they now have to send the tests to another part of Switzerland and don’t know when I will get my result. I have never felt so much tension and fear. It feels like the universe is punishing me.

You’re almost two weeks from exposure right? Is this Sunday two weeks? I think you’re in excellent shape either way. Here in the US (which I don’t pretend is the epicenter for handling the virus well by any means lol), if you’re exposed but asymptomatic you can leave quarantine 14 days after exposure. You’re no longer considered a danger to yourself or others. Is it the same where you are?

Deep breaths. If I were to guess, you don’t have it, but you may be one of the lucky ones who was asymptomatic (or your only symptom was the rash). You’re in amazing shape if that’s the case! Now you’ll have antibodies and can donate (if you wish) to help others!

Deep deep breaths. You’re going to be fine.
    Last edited by leanderson2012; 30-10-20 at 19:56.

Also, remember that even if you were to get it and have symptoms, you would be like me and you would feel sick for awhile, and then you’d start to feel better. Caution and safety need to be exercised with this to help protect each other, but having the anxiety or fear take over your life is not worth it. I'm living proof of that (literally lol I’m still alive!). I was certain I was going die if I got it, and here I am on Day 13 of symptoms feeling better than I did a week ago. Do I still have some lingering symptoms? Oh yea. Headache today, tiredness, and on occasional cough. Not my favorite, but not too bad. Do I want to go through it again? No way. But if I do, numbers are on my side, and they’re on yours.

Deep, deep breaths. Challenge the fatalistic thinking as much as you can. Imagine yourself getting it, feeling sick for a week, and then coming out of it stronger (both mentally and physically! Although you might feel physically weaker for a bit like I do ) Imagine yourself being able to do what I’m able to do now, which is telling somebody who has similar fears to, and letting them know that you’re okay and you made it, and they will too! Imagine yourself being able to donate antibodies to help out those who got a worse case than you. Imagine walking around with the strength and confidence in your immune system and body, knowing that you beat Covid. Because, if you get it, that’s what will happen
    Last edited by leanderson2012; 30-10-20 at 20:03.

Thanks for the wonderfully encouraging words. Yeah, 13 days past exposure. Last 'symptom' a week ago and nothing to report since. Either I'm negative or my body just wasn't fazed by it. Of course I am still worrying about taking a bad turn. But have to ask myself a bad turn from what? No fever, no cough, no loss of sense of taste. At this point, I'm just massively over the whole thing. I can't believe I tried to get tested on Monday and still haven't got answers Friday night. That's really concerning and does not bode well for the entire testing system. I really, really wanted that peace of mind but have resigned myself to the fact that I need to stop waiting for it. Frustrated and pissed off rather than anxious, which feels a lot more manageable. Guess my anxiety has just kind of powered itself out.

I really hope covid has been a non-event, symptom-wise, for you but it would be good to know for sure because then you would have a definitive answer.

One of the worst things about this virus for anxiety sufferers is the unpredictability of individual response but I suppose the watching and waiting is literally a form of exposure therapy with a vengeance and you do come out the other side mentally stronger!

Yeah, I will get my result eventually. But it's not in my hands right now. I just need to take my body and mind out of the 'waiting mode', if you know what I mean. It's just not sustainable for much longer.

The exposure therapy thing is a very good point. I honestly thought I was going to lose it completely. Monitoring my symptoms and temperature every single day for 7 days, always on edge, fearing that I might get worse or seriously ill all of a sudden. It feels like having a major dog phobia and being locked in a room with a dog for days, just waiting for it to tear your face off. It's agonising. At this point I can't see huge benefits from going through this. Maybe I will in a few months. It honestly feels like I will be even more paranoid now about having it (if I end up testing negative), because I will do everything in my power to avoid going through this again.

Lab still doesn't have my results. They're apparently 3000 tests behind. 'Maybe we'll let you know until 7 pm tonight'. Sure, totally up for another round of this SHIT ��

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information