Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wish i didn’t go on a different forum

Re: Wish i didn’t go on a different forum

I do seem to believe my worry’s that are true and when i have a calm mind i think why did i worry about them. Always worrying about what ifs the future what if so and so say this. It’s my mind that needs calming i guess. Sorry for long post but i really do appreciate your feedback thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer47 View Post
    Always worrying about what ifs the future what if so and so say this.
    Ultimately, we have no control over what other people do or say. All we can do is address things if they happen.

Worrying about something that most likely will never happen only serves to keep us mentally unwell.

That is so true wish i could really stick to that, that’s my other worse worrying about other people’s minds what there thinking about me or going to say to me predicting the outcomes

that’s my other worse worrying about other people’s minds what there thinking about me or going to say to me predicting the outcomes
    If you're anything like me H, you'll generally get things horribly wrong.

Remind yourself that it's your irrational thoughts which are 'predicting' these outcomes. How many times have you been proved right?

I was proved right that my husband was cheating on me but only because the dude suddenly got busy with the Lynx and I no longer had to nag him into the shower. He couldn't have been anymore blatant if he'd worn a 'I'm cheating on you' t-shirt!'

But I'd say the percentage of 'things that I imagine will happen, but don't' is about 95%

...so I might as well imagine myself walking upstairs to find Tom Hardy spread-eagled on the bed with a rose sticking out of his arse-crack. It's still in the 95% 'will never happen', but I will be releasing the good hormones, no?

Admire your spirit there Nora 😂. I suppose you seeing the signs from your husband were like you say easy. Then your worries came true from that. Then there’s the other side with no evidence you presume will happen if that makes sence. You seem happy now.

I suppose you seeing the signs from your husband were like you say easy. Then your worries came true from that. Then there’s the other side with no evidence you presume will happen if that makes sence. You seem happy now.
    The experience left me with trust issues, to be sure, but Mr Batty is a patient soul and he's given me the time I need to sort my head out. As with my my HA, I eventually learned to accept what I can't control - and I can't control the same thing happening to me again.

Even so, as a precaution, I keep my garden spade nicely sharpened.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information