Thread: Pain, Pain Pain - is it IBS?

Pain, Pain Pain - is it IBS?

Hi, long time HA sufferer here, and end up with all the health related issues like most of us, namely globus in the throat, and ibs are too most noticeable, well atleast i think/hope it to be ibs

ive never been "formally diagnosed" with IBS, though over the years a GP or two has suggested it as i have had repeat issues in this area, being lower left stomach/abdomen over the years on and off.

Its of late though its starting to concern me, i always have the big C fear, however had recent bloods and urine sample both coming back clear, and there is no weight loss, or any blood when i go - so i think with all those variable in mind, the big C would be the unlikely cause <- still, dosnt stop it circling around in my head.

What i am getting is,
    • Sharp Pain in the lower left of my stomach, above hip bone i guess seems to pulsate like pain on for say 10 secs, then off for say 30 - 60 secs, then back on again and over and over
    • Same sharp pain in my lower back on left, above hip bone
    • Sometimes radiates down groin area
    • Little bit of Nausea here and there
    • Passing wind, alot

things are all over the place with movements, some days can go 4 times pretty normal but hard to pass types, other days none, then the next day really loose. I never really feel like I've completely gone either

Other thing I've noticed is increase in frequency of needing to urinate, this has stared with all of this.

Im hoping nothing sinister, and thinking either IBS related, and my symptoms are more "painful" as I'm focussing on them heavily or perhaps a kidney issue, even tho urine sample was OK i was told they don't always detect it

Thank you
    Last edited by mbee; 25-10-20 at 15:07.

Re: Pain, Pain Pain - is it IBS?

Quote Originally Posted by mbee View Post
    Its of late though its starting to concern me, i always have the big C fear, however had recent bloods and urine sample both coming back clear, and there is no weight loss, or any blood when i go - so i think with all those variable in mind, the big C would be the unlikely cause <- still, dosnt stop it circling around in my head.
    Why cancer?

My Big C fears came from family history with cancer. Where has this fear come from with you?

To be honest, your symptoms read classic IBS to me..

Needing to wee more is a symptom of IBS. I'm not sure why, but possibly it's to do with the extra gas putting pressure on the bladder?

Also, anxiety and IBS go hand in hand and needing to go for a wee more often is an anxiety symptom because it's part of the stress response (fight or flight)

Work on relaxation and untensing those abdominal muscles and address your health anxiety - starting at the very beginning.

What tests have you had to date re these symptoms?

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Why cancer?

My Big C fears came from family history with cancer. Where has this fear come from with you?
    Just something ive fixated on for a few years now, had a few around me with it, and the whole lymph node saga began from there

To be honest, your symptoms read classic IBS to me..

Needing to wee more is a symptom of IBS. I'm not sure why, but possibly it's to do with the extra gas putting pressure on the bladder?

Also, anxiety and IBS go hand in hand and needing to go for a wee more often is an anxiety symptom because it's part of the stress response (fight or flight)
    Great, and i was suspecting that be the case, though wanted to hear from the great people on here of their experiences

What tests have you had to date re these symptoms?
    Just as i mentioned above, Urine and full bloods and kdney blood related tests, prostate blood check too - all normal, the next step was an ultrasound, but with my HA, i have had some many scans and im really trying not to fall into that trap again

Quote Originally Posted by mbee View Post
    Just something ive fixated on for a few years now, had a few around me with it, and the whole lymph node saga began from there
    There's the cause then.

You need to try and rationalise this and stop making connections that are not there.

Just as i mentioned above, Urine and full bloods and kdney blood related tests, prostate blood check too - all normal, the next step was an ultrasound, but with my HA, i have had some many scans and im really trying not to fall into that trap again
    Over testing is a no-no with HA. It's not helpful at all. On the other hand, you don't beat HA by avoiding testing when it's necessary.

I had an ultrasound last week because it was necessary.

Ignoring new symptoms is just as much a part of health anxiety as overreacting to them. Somewhere in-between is where you want to be.

Given your history, my money is on IBS, but you obviously have health anxiety - which you need to address. Seeking reassurance on here is a temporary fix to a long-term issue. so my next question is, what are you doing to address your HA?

Thread Information