Hi,

I've belonged to this forum for a few years now and really like the way people reach out and help each other, whether they have anxiety symptoms or other health issues.

Since June I've developed what seems to be small fibre neuropathy symptoms, which is difficult to diagnose without a special skin biopsy which they don't do in NZ. I'm seeing a very good neurologist Nov 11th. I have some autoimmune issues, which can predispose some people to having small fibre neuropathy. There are other factors that predispose people also, but I don't have these. Looking back over the years, I've had bits and pieces of SFN but it's always cleared away. There are treatments but no cures for this. The best curative treatments IVIG are in the States.

I made the mistake of joining a large SFN support group and it is largely all doom and gloom and quite frankly depressing! I know SFN can progress, I know it can be very painful, but I feel quite deflated at present so am opting out of it. There is a wealth of information there but I find myself getting way ahead of myself (if that makes sense) and feeling quite frightened. I realise that everyone's experience of SFN is different and not everyone experiences the worst.
I will relay this to my psychologist when I see her next.

I guess the message I'm giving is be careful what you join, or read and this includes Google.