Thread: Nausea and excessive wind

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nausea and excessive wind

Hi Sorryfor so much infirmation.I have suffered with IBS for many years but in the last few weeks have had a lot of nausea in the morning when I wake up andexcessive wind that lasts all day and night. I have a severe health anxiety and I am on a downward spiral thinking stomach or ovarian cancer:My stomach is bloated all day and night and even though Iknow I have woken with stomach ache in the night everything I read about IBS says IBS doesn’t happen T night%I also wake in the night an£ first 5hingin the morning with an urge to wee.Itfeels like I have something pressing on my bladder.Has anyone else 3xperiencethis? if you hav3 or you hav3 any advice please please reply.I can feel myself spiralling out ofcontrol

Re: Nausea and excessive wind

Quote Originally Posted by susie1 View Post
    Iknow I have woken with stomach ache in the night everything I read about IBS says IBS doesn’t happen T night%
    It does with me.

I also wake in the night an£ first 5hingin the morning with an urge to wee.Itfeels like I have something pressing on my bladder.Has anyone else 3xperiencethis?
    You say you're bloated? Sounds like excess gas (common with IBS) and that will put pressure on your bladder.

Drink peppermint tea for the gas and ginger tea for the nausea. Try not to drink fluids after 6pm.

Also, scrutinise your diet for foods (stimulants etc) which will be creating this excess gas. Maybe switch to Low FODMAP for a few weeks and see if there's an improvement?

Thankyou for your reply%i will try what you suggest My HA has been with me for over 30 years and now 8 am 59 the chances of symptoms being ‘something’ are obviously greater.I think of all those years I hav3 wasted in total rear of cancer a
    but now I feel these symptoms are different and definitely something serious

now 8 am 59 the chances of symptoms being ‘something’ are obviously greater.
    For sure, which is why you need to get your head around accepting this reality so you can get on with living the life you do have.

Beating HA is all about acceptance. Acceptance of death, dying, illnesses - the whole kit and caboodle!

I had HA on and off for as long as I can remember. I just didn't know what it was when I was experiencing those physical symptoms at 5 years of age.

I've been in control of my HA for about 3 years now - I'm 50.

Point is, there is hope for you too.

Try not to dwell on those wasted years Susie. You can't change what's been and gone. But you can make these next ones worth remembering.

I'm currently being investigated for ovarian cancer. Blood tests, scans - the lot. Mine is a different symptom too - which is why it's being looked into. With me there is a family history - so it's my policy to get new 'IBS' symptoms investigated if they don't settle after a few weeks. I'm not panicking because I'm in control of the health anxiety. This is the second test I've had this year to see just how in control I am, and so far, I haven't gone down the rabbit hole.

I understand your fears. Your symptoms do read like classic IBS. But, at our time of life we need to be proactive and to use our common sense. IBS symptoms are similar to OC and if the symptoms are new for you, as they are for me, then a trip to the GP is in order.

The symptoms (with your age) warrant blood tests and an ultrasound scan, at least.

This all takes time, even if we are talking weeks rather than months. When you have severe anxiety - those weeks can seem like months. I know this. But this is the time to start working on your HA - while the storm is raging because in the centre of that storm, is calm. That's what I found out the day before my colonoscopy 3 years ago. It was going to reveal colon cancer for sure! It was at this point that I accepted whatever was coming my way. That night (after the world had stopped coming out of my arse) I slept really well.

There was no cancer, but there was a mental shift and that was the beginning of my recovery from HA.

Be proactive with your health and see your GP. This is common sense in this situation.

Address your health anxiety by accepting the potential for illness - especially as we get older - and death as a certainty that comes to every living thing on this planet. Even Bruce Forsyth died in the end, and he was like, 205.

All the best X

Thankyou for your reply%i will try what you suggest My HA has been with me for over 30 years and now 8 am 59 the chances of symptoms being ‘something’ are obviously greater.I think of all those years I hav3 wasted in total rear of cancer a
    Make that GP appointment, Susie? Yes you will probably have to have tests but at least you will be doing something as opposed to living in fear of the what if's..I'm 61 and every symptom I have gets fasttracked but I'm not hanging around waiting for tests/investigations which is dire.

Thread Information