Page 34 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: The vaccine

Re: The vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Libra96, I know Joe might seem rude to you, but his post comes after years of us all listening to Phil whine about how life doesn't revolve around him. Frankly, I'm surprised more people haven't yelled at Phil as it is.

This is not 100% accurate. Not everyone can be protected by a vaccine because they can't get it due to diabetes, or AIDs or an autoimmune condition or chemo, something like that. They rely on the rest of us to get vaccines so that these viruses won't be spread to them. It's called herd immunity. It's not just all about the individual here.

Unfortunately though

It is nothing personal or what has been going on over the years. I have never seen Phil's posts before so I can't comment on that but it wasn't really directly defending him but more defending the right to question a vaccine. I only come on when I have really bad anxiety and don't really keep up or recognize members. It's not personal - I just wanted to get across that I for one, have every reason to be wary of a vaccine. I don't get how everyone is literally ignoring the fact that my brother died as a result but are complaining that I've spoken out against mandatory vaccination. My brother is no longer here. I would have expected more respect.

Bottom line is, I'm allowed to be wary. I honestly wish I didn't have to be. I really really wish I could have no experiences and be more than happy to take one but I am not. I should still be allowed to live my life as long as I am aware of the risks. Can't people at least understand why someone like myself would be nervous about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Libra96 View Post
    It is nothing personal or what has been going on over the years. I have never seen Phil's posts before so I can't comment on that but it wasn't really directly defending him but more defending the right to question a vaccine. I only come on when I have really bad anxiety and don't really keep up or recognize members. It's not personal - I just wanted to get across that I for one, have every reason to be wary of a vaccine. I don't get how everyone is literally ignoring the fact that my brother died as a result but are complaining that I've spoken out against mandatory vaccination. My brother is no longer here. I would have expected more respect.

Bottom line is, I'm allowed to be wary. I honestly wish I didn't have to be. I really really wish I could have no experiences and be more than happy to take one but I am not. I should still be allowed to live my life as long as I am aware of the risks. Can't people at least understand why someone like myself would be nervous about it?
    Speaking only for myself, I certainly can see why you’d be nervous. Do you mind going into a bit more detail about which vaccine caused this adverse reaction and how you came to be aware that the vaccine was the cause of death?

Obviously if you don’t want to I understand, but perhaps you’d get a bit more understanding if we could know the whole story?

Of course we can understand how you would be very wary of any vaccine in view of what tragically happened to your brother, Libra. That is absolutely shocking and I'm so sorry for your loss in such appalling and unexpected circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I would rather not take the vaccine but I have not said I would rule it out either. Even if I did take it I wouldn’t be shouting on forums or social media about it. I have seen a few comments already on social media of people plugging the vaccine.
    So what? I’ve seen plenty of people absolutely shi**ing all over it as well. You don’t seem to be complaining about that though, you’re only complaining about the lack of respect shown to your own personal opinion.

Again, you’re entitled to an opinion, but so are other people. Deal with it.

I totally get it, Libra96. I'm very sorry about your brother.

I think it's very important that everyone get checked by their GP before getting a vaccine. If everyone did that, I would hope that horrible reactions like what happened with your brother would be prevented or reduced. One of the good side effects that happened when our state government did make vaccines mandatory for certain populations, like kids, is that finally they were taken in for medical care.

I hate the fact that we would have to mandate that people in our society do things to take care of themselves; however, not everyone will choose to do what's best for themselves or others when given the choice. I have a feeling that at least here in the US, this issue will eventually be decided by our Supreme Court.

Thanks for the messages guys. And for the record I do think a vaccine will likely be beneficial for society moving forward. I may be happy to take it due course if as long as I see that everyone who is taking it is OK.

In regards to my brother it is a rare case, although it has happened to other people. I would prefer not to go into detail as it is a sad and long story (plus I don't want to scare everyone as this is an unusual occurrence). If you don't mind I won't name the vaccine. I don't want to scare or have people saying 'well I had it and I was fine'. I mean I had it myself before my brother was even born and was fine. Within 24 hours of having his vaccine, he had seizures and severe brain damage from bleeding to the brain. He ended up having a severe disability as a result of the brain injury which led to his death as a teen. However, this vaccine has since removed mercury from its ingredients (which says a lot) and this happened in the 00's so things have probably improved since.

I am not an anti-vaxxer per se but I encourage people to research what they're taking. I certainly wouldn't take a vaccine with mercury in it again. I had a meningitis vaccine a couple years ago as I knew of someone who died from it and it seemed pretty important. My mum and I were understandably nervous though. Sorry if I got a bit angry in my initial response, it just upsets me when people box all people who question vaccines as selfish and stupid after what my family has been through.

Let's just all hope that whatever anyone's views are, next year will be better than this one and virus will be beaten.

Libra96, I know Joe might seem rude to you, but his post comes after years of us all listening to Phil whine about how life doesn't revolve around him. Frankly, I'm surprised more people haven't yelled at Phil as it is.

This is not 100% accurate. Not everyone can be protected by a vaccine because they can't get it due to diabetes, or AIDs or an autoimmune condition or chemo, something like that. They rely on the rest of us to get vaccines so that these viruses won't be spread to them. It's called herd immunity. It's not just all about the individual here.

Unfortunately though
    It's irrelevant, Vee. We all have to abide by the respect rules on here. Admin have given up telling us all to stop when it comes to members who frustrate us.

I totally get it, Libra96. I'm very sorry about your brother.

I think it's very important that everyone get checked by their GP before getting a vaccine. If everyone did that, I would hope that horrible reactions like what happened with your brother would be prevented or reduced. One of the good side effects that happened when our state government did make vaccines mandatory for certain populations, like kids, is that finally they were taken in for medical care.

I hate the fact that we would have to mandate that people in our society do things to take care of themselves; however, not everyone will choose to do what's best for themselves or others when given the choice. I have a feeling that at least here in the US, this issue will eventually be decided by our Supreme Court.
    And that's possible the concern of some, Vee. Who is checking first? GP's? When do they do that with other things. I can think of several times I've been waiting in the pharmacy to hear the pharmacist refuse to issue a medication on the basis it would cause a potentially dangerous reaction with current medication. Caused by GP's not checking on the screen in front of them.

You will hear them check for penicillin allergies and sometimes ask if you have any known allergies.

And some may wonder about the 2 allergic reactions that have just triggered further NHS guidance.

Thanks for the messages guys. And for the record I do think a vaccine will likely be beneficial for society moving forward. I may be happy to take it due course if as long as I see that everyone who is taking it is OK.

In regards to my brother it is a rare case, although it has happened to other people. I would prefer not to go into detail as it is a sad and long story (plus I don't want to scare everyone as this is an unusual occurrence). If you don't mind I won't name the vaccine. I don't want to scare or have people saying 'well I had it and I was fine'. I mean I had it myself before my brother was even born and was fine. Within 24 hours of having his vaccine, he had seizures and severe brain damage from bleeding to the brain. He ended up having a severe disability as a result of the brain injury which led to his death as a teen. However, this vaccine has since removed mercury from its ingredients (which says a lot) and this happened in the 00's so things have probably improved since.

I am not an anti-vaxxer per se but I encourage people to research what they're taking. I certainly wouldn't take a vaccine with mercury in it again. I had a meningitis vaccine a couple years ago as I knew of someone who died from it and it seemed pretty important. My mum and I were understandably nervous though. Sorry if I got a bit angry in my initial response, it just upsets me when people box all people who question vaccines as selfish and stupid after what my family has been through.

Let's just all hope that whatever anyone's views are, next year will be better than this one and virus will be beaten.
    I am also very sorry to hear about your brother. Such a young age and so much you all went through. It would be very hard for anyone to be 100% about vaccination or medication in general.

You clearly aren't an anti vaxxer and your posts haven't been anything other than polite.

The fact is many people have died due to medical negligence so people can be wary of drugs anyway. Why should we expect different with this? On a site where we have seen numerous cobble ups by trained doctors we are bound to be reserved.

You have been clear in pointing out it was rare. Anyone, as scary as this will be for HAers, can go in for a procedure and come out with a serious infection or worse. It's just part of trusting in the system as best we can. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't be involved in scrutinizing our care either, something the NHS Charter is very clear about.

I think we should respect your wishes regarding your brother's treatment. The points have been made anyway and you haven't pushed an anti vax route that might mean questioning the validity of a statement (not to suggest anyone has). Vaccines can cause problems.

This lady is at great risk from Covid yet her thoughts lie with others...

On a visit to London's Guy's Hospital, the prime minister spoke to 81-year-old Lyn Wheeler, who was the first to receive the vaccine there.

"It is really very moving to hear her say she is doing it for Britain, which is exactly right - she is protecting herself, but also helping to protect the entire country," Mr Johnson said
    Good on her

Page 34 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread Information