Page 134 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1471

Thread: The vaccine

Re: The vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    This thread seems to attract a lot of negativity surrounding the vaccines, so let’s see the really good news;

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.i...617.html%3famp

Two doses of the Pfizer/Biontech vaccine gives around 95% protection against infection, illness and death. The really amazing part about that is the protection against infection. This vaccine isn’t just stopping the virus rendering people very ill, it’s actually preventing the virus from infecting us at all. It’s giving sterilising immunity, which is going to have a major impact on transmission.
    The wife and I got two doses of the Pfizer vax.... It's been two weeks and we're at the 95% immunity. And, if by chance we're part of the 5% that gets it, it won't lead to severe illness or worse.

It truly feels like a weight off our shoulders. We'll still wear masks in stores and such but in general, going outside, walking the doggie etc., it's liberating knowing we're protected.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

So where do we stand on people thinking that once they've had their two doses, they can approach others with impunity, ignore social distancing rules and the like and dismiss the rightful concerns of others with "it's okay, I've had both doses!" ??

The other person might have underlying conditions after all and I'll say it again: how do you know the vaccine has worked for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    So where do we stand on people thinking that once they've had their two doses, they can approach others with impunity, ignore social distancing rules and the like and dismiss the rightful concerns of others with "it's okay, I've had both doses!" ??

The other person might have underlying conditions after all and I'll say it again: how do you know the vaccine has worked for you?
    I was just talking with my kids the other day. My son has had the vaccine and my daughter and her husband have had the vaccine AND had the virus. We're planning on getting together in the next month or so, unmasked.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

That’s a bit like asking how you know you aren’t going to knock someone down in your car and kill them. You can’t ever really know that, but you get in your car and drive anyway. You wear a seatbelt, you drive carefully and you follow the rules of the road. There’s still a very low chance you could hurt someone, but the best you can do is take proper precautions in order to vastly reduce that risk.

Haven't they been told to continue per current guidelines? Some won't. Some might even be less focussed on the regs and make mistakes.

But once the government scrap social distancing and masks it will obviously change.

[QUOTE=Carys;2002683]In all seriousness, if you want to scare yourself witless then this is the way to go. People don't read the yellow card reports on all other medications, AND I bet most people don't even report things on other medications as the yellow card system has been hugely used and learnt about during this mass vaccination. What about the millions, millions and millions who have nothing to say, as nothing happened, they aren't represented. You are self-selecting the worst scenarios and cases possible.[QUOTE]

Fortunately I am intelligent enough to do my research and look at all sides of the question without over-reacting or becoming hysterical about it. I just like to make an informed decision on such things before subjecting myself to any physically invasive medical procedures. And vaccination isn't mandatory ... yet.....

Quote Originally Posted by dorabella View Post
    Fortunately I am intelligent enough to do my research and look at all sides of the question without over-reacting or becoming hysterical about it.
    Here’s a little thought. Put 50 people in a room, all vaccinated, and ask them to report each and every symptom they experienced over the next month.

Now take 50 unvaccinated people and ask them to note every symptom they experience over the next month. How different do you think those reports will be, honestly?

If we’re all asked to keep note of our symptoms over a month long period, we would all look like we’d been injected with poison. Headaches, back pain, nausea, vomiting, muscle aches etc, these are all things we experience very commonly as human beings. Spread that over tens of millions of people and of course it’s going to look even worse.

Do remember that people experience ill health, people do experience symptoms, people do die. These things happen with or without vaccines, so deciding that you’ve made an “informed” decision based on yellow card reporting is absolute nonsense.

Interesting to note the side effects from the placebo jab too..

[QUOTE=dorabella;2002869][QUOTE=Carys;2002683]In all seriousness, if you want to scare yourself witless then this is the way to go. People don't read the yellow card reports on all other medications, AND I bet most people don't even report things on other medications as the yellow card system has been hugely used and learnt about during this mass vaccination. What about the millions, millions and millions who have nothing to say, as nothing happened, they aren't represented. You are self-selecting the worst scenarios and cases possible.

Fortunately I am intelligent enough to do my research and look at all sides of the question without over-reacting or becoming hysterical about it. I just like to make an informed decision on such things before subjecting myself to any physically invasive medical procedures. And vaccination isn't mandatory ... yet.....

Indeed it isn't. So why post about being "appalled" by these reports? Just don't have the vaccine if you don't want to have a "physically invasive medical procedure".

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post

Do remember that people experience ill health, people do experience symptoms, people do die. These things happen with or without vaccines, so deciding that you’ve made an “informed” decision based on yellow card reporting is absolute nonsense.
    Did I say that the Yellow Card was my only basis for making an informed decision? No need to be so judgmental and intellectually offensive.

Page 134 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast

Thread Information