Page 121 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1471

Thread: The vaccine

Re: The vaccine

Update this morning: all side effects gone, back to normal! Only lasted about 12 hours Totally manageable! And worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    Update this morning: all side effects gone, back to normal! Only lasted about 12 hours Totally manageable! And worth it!
    Yay, go glassgirlw!!!

Good to hear that you're feeling fine now..All in a good cause!

Hi - I'll jump in to share my experience with the second dose of Pfizer. Got my second jab Thursday morning, 9 AM. I had a slight (and weirdly very sweaty) panic attack directly afterward, but I parked myself next to the nurse and it subsided pretty quickly. I had nothing but a very sore arm until about midnight. Then I had a slightly elevated temp. I had broken sleep on and off until about midday on Friday, when my temp elevated again, a little higher this time, and I was both starving and nauseated. I took some ibuprofen, ate some dry pasta, felt a little tired for the rest of the day and night. Now it's almost dawn on Saturday and I feel like myself again, with just a little headache. (Probably more to do with my lack of coffee yesterday than anything else.)

FYI, I'm 49, female, never had COVID.

My husband (53) and daughter (18) also had their second jabs on Thursday, as well. My husband had some chills, body aches, and a headache and he was tired. My daughter had no effects other than redness at the injection site.

All in all, not the worst thing to have to go through.

Hey BlueIris I got my AZ jab well over a week ago (last weds) and still feel rubbish. Got the expecxted chills and aches and fever at first, which took 3 days to go!! But now left with dizziness, nausea and extreme exhaustion!!! I don't know anyone who has reacted as badly as me. I have to wait another week then doc will give me blood tests if I am still no better. Feel like I can't talk about how awful the AZ jab has made me feel as I would be discouraging others to get the jab.... which I am NOT. I don't regret getting it but the length of time of the side effects has floored me.

It's really unfortunate that you had your jab when all this adverse press re the AZ jab was coming out. Do you think that your symptoms now may be more anxiety-related from all the uncertainty re side effects?

I would normally be suspicious of any weird side effects others have not got would be anxiety-based... but I know my M.O. of anxiety and this is definitely not it! Plus I really wasn't worried at all before getting the vaccine, nor have I been worried at all about blood clots etc. I just feel really sick and dizzy and exhausted still. Doctors is beckoning soon I think.

A family member of mine had nausea and dizziness, but it lasted 48 hours. I know of one person, I was told of, who had symptoms related to immune response for a full week. I think you are right to get it checked out if it has carried on.

You know what is normal for you, Gailington so you're doing the right thing. I'm sorry you feel so rough...This vaccine business is so complex, isn't it? Just to add to all the other Covid-related stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by Gailington View Post
    Hey BlueIris I got my AZ jab well over a week ago (last weds) and still feel rubbish. Got the expecxted chills and aches and fever at first, which took 3 days to go!! But now left with dizziness, nausea and extreme exhaustion!!! I don't know anyone who has reacted as badly as me. I have to wait another week then doc will give me blood tests if I am still no better. Feel like I can't talk about how awful the AZ jab has made me feel as I would be discouraging others to get the jab.... which I am NOT. I don't regret getting it but the length of time of the side effects has floored me.
    Just to add, please don't feel you can't talk about it. You too are entitled to support.

Hope you feel better soon. It does sound like something to alleviate your symptoms may be needed.

Page 121 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast

Thread Information