I’ve been thinking of starting a thread on this for some time now. I’m growing more concerned by the day, going through my own social media, to see the vast amounts of misinformation surrounding vaccination and, more alarmingly, folk swallowing it all.

My own mother has decided that she will not be taking a vaccine if and when it arises, and she is a healthcare worker who’s best friend died from Covid-19 in April. I discussed this with her and was alarmed at the amount of stock she seemed to put on anti-vax propaganda that’s being circulated on social media. As I said, she’s a frontline healthcare worker who has witnessed first hand what this disease does, both in a personal and professional setting.

So what is giving such concern? Why are folk all of a sudden turning against the idea of vaccination? Is the science actually flawed? Are people genuinely suffering horrific effects of vaccination worldwide?

My intent here is to welcome all views and, I promise, not to turn this into anything other than a discussion aimed at clearing the waters when it comes to vaccination. I feel this forum sees large amounts of folk who have difficulty trusting medicine and doctors so I think it’s a discussion worth having.

If you have doubts, what are they? Let’s see if we can have an open dialogue about this and get to the correct answer.