Page 29 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: The vaccine

Re: The vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I can beat that - I have a book called something like The Home Handyman which dates from about 1947-48 and is full of practical tips and things to make from whatever you had lying about - don't forget, there were *huge* shortages after the war. Very much a post-war continuation of "Make Do and Mend", it has things like nailing carpet around your hoppers on your gutters to stop them freezing, or making things from salvaged wood.

Lencoboy, that book you have was published as recently as 2006.
    As it happens, my copy of the Reader's Digest Repair Manual isn't the original first edition from 1972, it's the second edition reprint from 1981, but apart from the brief mention of the Sales of Goods Act 1979, it's barely been updated over the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post

Uh-oh what?

This is normal. Some people are allergic to stuff.

People have the freedom to choose in regards to their health, whether they wish to have the vaccine or not.

I am not a raging anti-vaxxer, but I am cautious of vaccines for good reason. My brother had a very severe reaction to a vaccine.

Now, I do not say that to scare, or to 'convert' people. It was a rare scenario and this was back in the 90s. However, I think in my case, it is perfectly understandable to be wary of a vaccine and people should respect that.

Some people are allergic to aspirin, or peanuts, or cats....etc etc etc.

....or the standard flu vaccine

It's normal to be a bit nervous about a new vaccine. Heck, I have a moment of anxiety just before and after the flu shot every year and I always get a twinge of anxiety every time I bring my daughter for her shots, but that's it. It has to be done. This year have been hellacious. My husband is horribly depressed, my 6 year old hasn't seen a friend in nearly 300 days, my anxiety/depression is all over the place, we miss our families and our favorite places. I will take a moment of fear and an extremely slim chance of an adverse reaction to start getting life back to normal. I am so grateful to the scientists and, especially, to the tens of thousands of people who volunteered for the trials. They are true heroes and I wish we were recognizing them more! (Maybe they are being recognized in non-horrendous countries...)

I agree, Erin. As a volunteer you really are a guinea pig and as far as I'm aware there's precious little recognition for their bravery and desire to help in the fight to manage and conquer the pandemic.

I'm sure the news channels were waiting for someone to get an adverse reaction which would be swooped on and catastrophised to high heaven..I bet the cameras were kept poised all day at the relevant hospitals to be on hand should there be any fatalities...

I'm not scared of a reaction to the vaccine or needles, but I think I'll trust my immune system ta and my Partner is undecided on the vaccine.
    My decision for my seven year old is definitely based on if the vaccine may have repercussions later on in life for him and the fact he is at pretty much zero risk from Covid19, so he won't be having one.
    My Parents are 81 and 79, my Dad is having the vaccine and my Mum isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I agree, Erin. As a volunteer you really are a guinea pig and as far as I'm aware there's precious little recognition for their bravery and desire to help in the fight to manage and conquer the pandemic.

I'm sure the news channels were waiting for someone to get an adverse reaction which would be swooped on and catastrophised to high heaven..I bet the cameras were kept poised all day at the relevant hospitals to be on hand should there be any fatalities...

Dr John Campbell -

"This does not concern me, does not surprise me, we familiar with this, we are well rehearsed and capable of dealing with the reactions"

The two people who reacted were already prone to allergic reactions and were carriers of epi pens.

Page 29 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread Information