Page 25 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: The vaccine

Re: The vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Exactly Pulisa, would he still deny the reality? His ideology is entrenched but enough to withstand that? I don't know.

This is worrying, 36% of the US population are planning to celebrate Thanksgiving the same as they did last year, with 4% doing it even better?? 5.30 minutes -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt-RHHOMl2g
    Yes, the airports are packed FM. Some of my fellow country-people don't care. Nothing will impede their "freedom."

Here in California we have public service advertisements saying wear a mask, stay 6 ft apart, limit your holiday gatherings to only people in your immediate household. If you get tested negative for covid, it doesn't mean it's a free pass to party as the incubation period is 2-14 days, etc. But other states are just now adopted mask mandates, and we've had them for months, and we're still having issues. There is a church in Northern CA over the weekend that had a concert/guest speaker event for over 300 people, even though they said they took everyone's temp before going in, but no one was wearing a mask. Their pastor was even telling people to ignore covid warnings, that only God can give/take their freedom, and to not listen to our governor. I haven't always agreed with all the measures our governor has made either, but I feel he's saved a lot of lives willing to put covid restrictions in place and keep them in place.

Unfortunately, we can't stop people from coming into the state from other places. We don't have that kind of manpower. Many other states have no mask mandates or PSAs or any other general education campaigns. And as you said, FM, you're only as strong as your weakest link.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Yes, the airports are packed FM. Some of my fellow country-people don't care. Nothing will impede their "freedom."

Here in California we have public service advertisements saying wear a mask, stay 6 ft apart, limit your holiday gatherings to only people in your immediate household. If you get tested negative for covid, it doesn't mean it's a free pass to party as the incubation period is 2-14 days, etc. But other states are just now adopted mask mandates, and we've had them for months, and we're still having issues. There is a church in Northern CA over the weekend that had a concert/guest speaker event for over 300 people, even though they said they took everyone's temp before going in, but no one was wearing a mask. Their pastor was even telling people to ignore covid warnings, that only God can give/take their freedom, and to not listen to our governor. I haven't always agreed with all the measures our governor has made either, but I feel he's saved a lot of lives willing to put covid restrictions in place and keep them in place.

Unfortunately, we can't stop people from coming into the state from other places. We don't have that kind of manpower. Many other states have no mask mandates or PSAs or any other general education campaigns. And as you said, FM, you're only as strong as your weakest link.
    Tbh we're not much better here Vee. Between 23rd Dec and the 27th it looks like a free-for-all. Bubbles of up to 3 households will be able to meet up in each other's homes. And there are no limits on where you travel to. So let's undo everything that this current lockdown has achieved. Its just so frustrating when the vaccines are so close.

Yeah, it's really frustrating, huh, FM? The problem is, these same selfish people who don't want to wear a mask, also don't understand herd immunity, so they're unlikely to get the vaccine as well.

How about the side effect that you're saving lives???
    The only person Phil cares about is himself, Vee.

Tbh we're not much better here Vee. Between 23rd Dec and the 27th it looks like a free-for-all. Bubbles of up to 3 households will be able to meet up in each other's homes. And there are no limits on where you travel to. So let's undo everything that this current lockdown has achieved. Its just so frustrating when the vaccines are so close.
    This is why, despite knowing I will bring wrath from my family upon my nut, that I think the best thing for me to do this Christmas is to stay at home, have some snacks and play with my vintage present to myself - a Philips "Electronic Engineer" set from the early 1970s.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    The only person Phil cares about is himself, Vee.
    Ive spoke to plenty on the forum who have said they WONT take vaccine are they selfish too?

I never said I wouldn’t take it I am a maybe but I raised the point about about side effects as this will put people for the media spreading this so this is why I raised the point nothing about me!

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Ive spoke to plenty on the forum who have said they WONT take vaccine are they selfish too?
    Yes, probably, if they have no underlying medical condition that prevents them from taking it. If a person's doctor clears them to take a vaccine, then the person should take the vaccine because it helps those who have no choice but to rely on the rest of us for herd immunity.

The thing is Phil, I can see why PM said what he said. Whether you really are or not, you do come off as very self-absorbed. Just off the top of my head, one example...the driving instructor who has Covid. Your first thought wasn't, "Man, I hope that guy is okay; how awful!"... Your first thought was, "Hmmm, how long before more driving lessons?"

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    My local paper put up about possibly side effects sore arm fatigue feeling poorly for a few days doesn’t cheer me up about getting a vaccine?
    Sounds like when you get the flu jab.

They must know that. Retailers are losing out so they will try to glad everyone onto the high street.

This lockdown has just been to reduce it enough to let the masses out to not sacrifice the economy. It's the time of year so businesses depend on or jobs will go.

January sales out of the way and another lockdown.

Yeah, it's really frustrating, huh, FM? The problem is, these same selfish people who don't want to wear a mask, also don't understand herd immunity, so they're unlikely to get the vaccine as well.
    I rarely see anyone cleaning their hands and trollies. They all stopped when masks were introduced. If that wasn't law they wouldn't do that either just as many stopped social distancing once shops stopped marshals and one way systems.

Page 25 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread Information