Page 127 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1471

Thread: The vaccine

Re: The vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Here in our town, they're being done at the local government center in a big gymnasium with tables set up and such.
    My (Pfizer) jab was done at a place used for things like wedding receptions and conferences, adjacent to a garden centre and a shopping "outlet" development.

With that sort of place opening up again for its intended purposes now, where would they go?

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    My (Pfizer) jab was done at a place used for things like wedding receptions and conferences, adjacent to a garden centre and a shopping "outlet" development.

With that sort of place opening up again for its intended purposes now, where would they go?
    I would imagine school gymnasiums, local meeting halls and the like as that would make sense as they're not really being used. They'll figure it out I'm sure.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I would imagine school gymnasiums, local meeting halls and the like as that would make sense as they're not really being used. They'll figure it out I'm sure.
    There's been suggestions in my rural county that it may well be at one of the major hospitals now that the rush to get first doses done is over. My sister-in-law is having her OAZ vaccine at a local GP surgery next week, nicely inside the 12-week limit.

At the moment my big concern is that currently I have no car, and public transport is quite patchy (it'd be a two and a half hour bus or train ride each way if it's one particular hospital I'm thinking of) so I may end up renting a car for a day if it's soon.
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 22-04-21 at 19:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    There's been suggestions in my rural county that it may well be at one of the major hospitals now that the rush to get first doses done is over. My sister-in-law is having her OAZ vaccine at a local GP surgery next week, nicely inside the 12-week limit.

At the moment my big concern is that currently I have no car, and public transport is quite patchy (it'd be a two and a half hour bus or train ride each way if it's one particular hospital I'm thinking of) so I may end up renting a car for a day if it's soon.
    Frankly, that would be worth it for the peace of mind. I would imagine that, based on how long the vaccine is effective, if we have to get a booster in the Fall, by that time it would be available at the local pharmacies along with the Flu vaccines.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Frankly, that would be worth it for the peace of mind. I would imagine that, based on how long the vaccine is effective, if we have to get a booster in the Fall, by that time it would be available at the local pharmacies along with the Flu vaccines.

FMP
    In addition, the fares to make this journey on public transport are such that hiring a car is a no-brainer - and having endured a bus journey today with a woman happily stuffing herself with snacks whilst proudly displaying her sunflower lanyard I think it is what I will definitely be doing!!

I can't see local pharmacies here in the UK having the facility to store the Pfizer vaccine: I normally go to a pharmacy to get my flu jab rather than the conveyor belt of my local GP practice - but as you've probably noticed, here in the UK GP practices are all but sealed environments now.

At the moment I'm listening to a radio piece about obesity and Covid-19: it's an interesting listen.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/w3ct0pyt

FMP
    There's also plenty of places such as local working men's clubs and the like currently lying idle, and their temporarily serving as community vaccination centres could be quite useful in the meantime before they can reopen once again for their proper intended purposes.

Also might whet people's appetites a bit for somewhere interesting to go post-lockdowns, once they have visited said venues for their jabs, especially those who might be interested in things like snooker, pool, darts, etc, rather than just the usual bingo and live entertainment.

Just got The Text to book my 2nd Pfizer..2 weeks ahead of schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Just got The Text to book my 2nd Pfizer..2 weeks ahead of schedule.
    Nice one and congrats, Pulisa.

I'm having my second jab tomorrow morning.

I'm having mine tomorrow too. My daughter is really pleased because she was worried about Pfizer supplies around here.

Only tomorrow was offered on the site at the centre I chose.

Hi all had my vaccine booked and just could not go through with it as I found out it was Astra Zeneca :( my health anxiety so bad around this at the moment, I have a phobia of injections anyway as I have fibromyalgia and my last stemetil injection into my muscle in arm was so so painful the nurse actually said she had never known a reaction to a jab like it so it’s put me right off, I built up my courage to go today to a large centre as I thooght they were doing moderna but when I got there they said its back to AZ I just froze and had to leave :( I feel a fool but o truly couldn’t help it, I’ve rebooked at dr surgery next Saturday and regardless of what it is I know I must get the courage to take it

Page 127 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast

Thread Information