Page 100 of 148 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1471

Thread: The vaccine

Re: The vaccine

Wishing everyone having their jab today all the very best. Whichever jab you're offered you'll be doing your bit to protect yourself and others. Too much "knowledge" and research just makes us anxious and uncertain. What is certain is that you will be better off today than you were yesterday and more fortunate than those who have yet to be vaccinated.

Vaccine done - fully realised I was being completely ridiculous last night - had a good word with myself and went there this morning very happy to be receiving any jab.

Had a chat with a friend and we realised it was just me overthinking because of what's happened the last couple of months, panicking I wouldn't be protected enough to prevent what happened to my MIL, seems very silly now - wish I hadn't said anything on this forum either, you must all think im an ungrateful so and so lol

And after all that had the Pfizer - process was very smooth, lots of people there but everyone masked, temp check at door then had jab and went and sat in a waiting room for 15 mins. Now home and feeling very relieved (and annoyed at myself for such a stupid wobble yesterday)

Husband also had the Pfizer one - very sore arm yesterday but no other side effects.

Hope yours goes equally as well Fishman and anyone else having theirs today xx

Happy jab day to those getting it!

Squish, think nothing of it. So pleased you are feeling brighter today. You have been through an awful lot and need to be a bit gentler on yourself x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with what Scass says...You HAVE been through an awful lot and no one thinks that you were being "ridiculous" (your words).

I'm really glad you've had your first jab and I hope this future protection will help to settle your anxiety xx

Thank you both very much - certainly feel miles better for having it done today

They're really flying through them now - BBC news saying that the over 40s are next in line - hopefully be even quicker than April/May the way they're going fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by Squishchips View Post
    Thank you both very much - certainly feel miles better for having it done today
    After all you've been through Squishchips, I think you deserve a bit of 'nice'

I thought it was interesting that Her Maj came out today and said "think of others, not yourself" over vaccination.

OK here I am in one piece. Jab job done, left shoulder, Pfizer BioNTech. All very well organised with almost military precision. We had the option of sitting in a marquee tent or on chairs outside. I chose outside. Was given a vaccination card. No after effects so far, other than increased body hair and weird dreams where I'm crashing through moonlit forests at night while chasing someone.

Anxiety was evident throughout, but then its been raised lately anyway. I'm glad yours went ok too Squishchips, don't be hard on yourself, you have no reason to.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    OK here I am in one piece. Jab job done, left shoulder, Pfizer BioNTech. All very well organised with almost military precision. We had the option of sitting in a marquee tent or on chairs outside. I chose outside. Was given a vaccination card. No after effects so far, other than increased body hair and weird dreams where I'm crashing through moonlit forests at night while chasing someone.

Anxiety was evident throughout, but then its been raised lately anyway. I'm glad yours went ok too Squishchips, don't be hard on yourself, you have no reason to.
    Did the nurse bite you then?

I'm hoping my side effect is a turn green when I'm angry, put on 5 times my size and still my underpants conveniently fit.

All done now so distract yourself from the increase in anxiety and it will settle.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post

Both my heads are really pleased to hear that you have been Pfizered! A good day's work, Fishman. And Her Maj would endow you with her Seal of Approval!

Quote Originally Posted by Squishchips View Post
    Vaccine done - fully realised I was being completely ridiculous last night - had a good word with myself and went there this morning very happy to be receiving any jab.

Had a chat with a friend and we realised it was just me overthinking because of what's happened the last couple of months, panicking I wouldn't be protected enough to prevent what happened to my MIL, seems very silly now - wish I hadn't said anything on this forum either, you must all think im an ungrateful so and so lol

And after all that had the Pfizer - process was very smooth, lots of people there but everyone masked, temp check at door then had jab and went and sat in a waiting room for 15 mins. Now home and feeling very relieved (and annoyed at myself for such a stupid wobble yesterday)

Husband also had the Pfizer one - very sore arm yesterday but no other side effects.

Hope yours goes equally as well Fishman and anyone else having theirs today xx
    Nah, don't be daft. No one thinks bad of you for having a wobble. We all have them. And as others say you've been through so much recently so your anxiety is bound to be harder to deal with.

Look at your reasoning being about protecting others more than yourself because whilst it gave anxiety an opening to ramp up it shows a positive compassionate personality trait. That's a good thing.

You challenged it and kept going. It's important we all do this regardless of Covid.

Page 100 of 148 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast

Thread Information