Page 102 of 148 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1471

Thread: The vaccine

Re: The vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Yes...tonight Terry. It didn't say anything about this on the vaccine leaflet. The heightened senses, the insatiable hunger, our black lab making passes at me
    Sounds like the postman's leg might be alluring today

I'm booked in Saturday 4:30pm for my COVID vaccine Got a call today. I think I get offered because I had Cancer, but somebody else said a lot of people with mental health problems are being offered it.

I said to the lady on the phone: "It is safe isn't it?". She said "They will discuss this with you Saturday". That's very reassuring

There's an old chap at the end of our road, late 80's. He said to my partner this morning he's had his 2 jabs. He's still out doing the garden today. That man is an inspiration to anybody who wants to live long lmao.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I swear you are making these gifs

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

I just wanted to post a quick message. I had my vaccine on Saturday (group 6) and was so nervous and my anxiety was dreadful. I sought on here to see if anyone had had the Oxford one and was okay. I couldn’t see many posts, so wanted to say that it was absolutely fine for me. I had a mild fever and aches on the evening and felt off yesterday but nothing that stopped me cooking a roast, playing with my kids and working, all totally bearable and absolutely worth the peace of mind I’ll have in a few weeks.

Both my adult children (group 6) had the AZ vaccine on Sunday (yesterday). My daughter has felt a bit "off" today but I think anxiety has played into her perceived symptoms. My son has been fine physically.

Glad all went well for you, Lozbozpineapple and as you say, having the vaccine is a great investment for the future!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Both my adult children (group 6) had the AZ vaccine on Sunday (yesterday). My daughter has felt a bit "off" today but I think anxiety has played into her perceived symptoms. My son has been fine physically.

Glad all went well for you, Lozbozpineapple and as you say, having the vaccine is a great investment for the future!
    What is group 6 pulisa? I've just looked at all the groups and I fall under non so not sure why I got offered one. For the same reasons I get offered a flu jab?

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by Lozbozpineapple View Post
    I just wanted to post a quick message. I had my vaccine on Saturday (group 6) and was so nervous and my anxiety was dreadful. I sought on here to see if anyone had had the Oxford one and was okay. I couldn’t see many posts, so wanted to say that it was absolutely fine for me. I had a mild fever and aches on the evening and felt off yesterday but nothing that stopped me cooking a roast, playing with my kids and working, all totally bearable and absolutely worth the peace of mind I’ll have in a few weeks.
    Thank you for sharing! Glad you’ve had it.

Pulisa - I am so glad your children have had their vaccine. Especially your daughter, I hope it eases her worries a bit x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s well worth noting just how encouraging the early data on these vaccines are. An 80% reduction in hospitalisations in over 80’s after only one dose is an absolutely staggering result. An 85% reduction in mortality in the same age group after only one dose is also outstanding.

The vaccine uptake is also very good, I was worried that a lot of people would refuse it but that appears to not be the case. Perhaps when younger age groups are invited we might see a bit more hesitancy, but so far it’s all good on the vaccine front.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    It’s well worth noting just how encouraging the early data on these vaccines are. An 80% reduction in hospitalisations in over 80’s after only one dose is an absolutely staggering result. An 85% reduction in mortality in the same age group after only one dose is also outstanding.

The vaccine uptake is also very good, I was worried that a lot of people would refuse it but that appears to not be the case. Perhaps when younger age groups are invited we might see a bit more hesitancy, but so far it’s all good on the vaccine front.
    I was against it if you recall. But the situation is very real today. More people are realizing this. The good uptake, and the positive results, are causing more people to not fear the vaccine I'd imagine.

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    What is group 6 pulisa? I've just looked at all the groups and I fall under non so not sure why I got offered one. For the same reasons I get offered a flu jab?
    It may be your AS diagnosis but it's really for those with a learning disability. Do you know why you get offered a flu jab? Are you a registered carer for your son?

Page 102 of 148 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast

Thread Information