Page 125 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1471

Thread: The vaccine

Re: The vaccine

So I’d say about 24 hours of feeling shoddy and then pretty much back to normal.
    Told ya !

Yay! Go Scass!

It certainly makes it a lot easier to appreciate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh that's good to hear; Scass - 2nd shot for me Tuesday.

That’s great Scissel. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you are feeling better, Scass. Like the flu jab it sounds like some are getting a little taster of the virus.

Mum had her second AZ on Friday with less issues than the first. She was a bit tired and more confused than normal very briefly but when you're tired we all go a bit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Raise it with the local CCG, Terry.

That is simply not good enough.
    Yes, it may need that, PM. They've just booked me in for a review of meds for Tuesday so I'm going to try for an answer then as this guy is really good. He's currently correcting the mistakes of the GPs from last year when they incorrectly left my mum off sufficient BP meds due to bad side effects developing after years on the same ones. We queried why not try another but they didn't want to know. This guy has come back (Clinical Pharmacologist) and advised this is incorrect. The practice also had her down as being hospitalised due to falls which is nonsense.

Mum has had hers so if there is an issue it is with Pfizer. If I get nowhere with this guy it will have to go further. I did some quick Googling but couldn't see anything relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Yes, it may need that, PM. They've just booked me in for a review of meds for Tuesday so I'm going to try for an answer then as this guy is really good. He's currently correcting the mistakes of the GPs from last year when they incorrectly left my mum off sufficient BP meds due to bad side effects developing after years on the same ones. We queried why not try another but they didn't want to know. This guy has come back (Clinical Pharmacologist) and advised this is incorrect. The practice also had her down as being hospitalised due to falls which is nonsense.

Mum has had hers so if there is an issue it is with Pfizer. If I get nowhere with this guy it will have to go further. I did some quick Googling but couldn't see anything relevant.
    Sounds like lies, cover-ups and corruption of the highest order, Terry.

That guy at your local practice should ultimately be sacked, but he probably has Unison to bail him out, again with lies, corruption, and the 'entitlement to a job' BS!

Sorry to sound heartless and spiteful but as far as I am concerned, jobs ultimately have to be earned and not a god-given right, especially if one is unqualified, or simply a lazy, can't-be-bothered, no-hoper type!

It really makes my blood boil that there are plenty of genuine individuals who are both qualified and have a professional attitude, who are out of work right now, and whose roles are at the same time being wasted and undermined by those 'losers'!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post

Every now and then I think there's a case for a full medicine review to be carried out on those of us with long-term conditions as all too often, GPs just keep adding and adding to the existing list.

Look what happened to me: bright young GP comes along, spends nearly AN HOUR on the phone with me discussing my state of health and my medication. Net result? One blood pressure tablet is binned because it makes diabetes worse, anti-depressants are withdrawn as it has become obvious they simply do not work, blood pressure medication adjusted. As a consequence, BP is now down - not great, but definitely down; diabetes has improved, no more ADs (well, I'm using up the last run of 10mg Citalopram at a rate of one every three days).

Reading your post, I think you really have got sufficient grounds to take this to the local CCG, if not higher - such as the CQC.

I'm about to get my vaccine tomorrow... feeling nervous about the side effects. I'm in Canada so it will either be Pfizer or Moderna (they're only giving AZ to over 55s here). My parents, aunts and uncles and grandparents have all had theirs with no side effects whatsoever. So I'm hopeful I will be okay but nervous tonight. I've never had the flu shot before so a bit worried I will get flu-ey afterwards because I'm not used to regular shots, I think the last vaccine I had was when i was 15.

Anyway I know most people here are British and it's been really inspiring to see how well your country is starting to do now that a large number of people are vaccinated, so here's hoping all goes well.

We've been abed too long, all our weaknesses are growing strong. But the winter always ends with water on your lips, the April rain comes swinging in.

Page 125 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast

Thread Information