Page 126 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1471

Thread: The vaccine

Re: The vaccine

You’ll do great. I had minor aches and chills after my second dose but all were gone in about 12 hours, and was back to normal!

Well, I got my shot yesterday. It was Moderna. Feel fine so far other than a sore arm (started a few hours afterwards - the actual needle was pretty painless!) and I feel a bit tired but not horribly so.

I feel nervous reading the articles about women saying their periods are messed up after the vaccine. I know rationally this makes sense, because your period gets thrown off by getting sick or stress so this is probably similar, but then I see people share scary anti-vaxxer stuff and it sets me off a bit even though I know they're off base. (I don't even want children and have always been irregular so idk why I'm worried.) I know this vaccine technology has been in testing since SARS and that's why they were able to get them out so fast, but it still does my head in a bit.

I hate that it got to this point that vaccination was the only way out for my country and most others. I wish we could have been sensible like Australia, NZ and much of Asia (and even the Atlantic provinces here in Canada!) and just done a proper lockdown once. But I guess that's philosophical spiralling.

We've been abed too long, all our weaknesses are growing strong. But the winter always ends with water on your lips, the April rain comes swinging in.

I also got my 2nd shot yesterday (Pfizer) - feeling ok today thus far

Great news, Scissel! Thanks for letting us know that you are fine. Even if you don't feel great later on it's all in a good cause.

Here's a piece from CDC/CNN about "breakthrough" cases: these are people who've caught Covid despite being vaccinated.

The numbers seem very small to me.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/14/h...cdc/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Here's a piece from CDC/CNN about "breakthrough" cases: these are people who've caught Covid despite being vaccinated.

The numbers seem very small to me.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/14/h...cdc/index.html
    I read that article last week. Yes, the numbers are ridiculously low (5800 cases out of 77+ million vaccinated). The fact is, they've said it could happen as the vaccine doesn't have 100% efficacy. They've also said that if by chance you do get it after being vaccinated, the severity would be less and would keep you out of the hospital so it's still a win/win.

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 22-04-21 at 15:24.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Great news, Scissel! Thanks for letting us know that you are fine. Even if you don't feel great later on it's all in a good cause.
    TY; pulisa, so far so good

2nd Pfizer shot done! They said we should be at 95% efficacy in two weeks (the 1st shot gets you around 60%). The jury is still out on how long it will be good for but no biggie. If we have to get it done again in the Fall along with the flu shot, so be it.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    2nd Pfizer shot done! They said we should be at 95% efficacy in two weeks (the 1st shot gets you around 60%). The jury is still out on how long it will be good for but no biggie. If we have to get it done again in the Fall along with the flu shot, so be it.

Positive thoughts
    This is the way I look at it - one jab instead of two when my annual influenza jab comes around. No big deal.

What did surprise me though is that my brother sent me a text message to say that the place where I had my jab done is no longer a vaccination centre as he drove up there today.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    This is the way I look at it - one jab instead of two when my annual influenza jab comes around. No big deal.

What did surprise me though is that my brother sent me a text message to say that the place where I had my jab done is no longer a vaccination centre as he drove up there today.
    Here in our town, they're being done at the local government center in a big gymnasium with tables set up and such. You get your shot, wait around 15 minutes and you're out of there. They have it pretty much down too. A few glitches with the email notifications and invites but all went smoothly. And yeah.... it is a good way to look at it. I expect pretty much the same reaction too. A couple days of kinda yuck and a sore arm. Honestly though, the allergies have been so bad here that both the wife and I have been feeling kinda yuck anyway. Popping Tylenol every four hours for the headache and using eye drops and nasal sprays. I imagine it will be not much different than we're already feeling

Positive thoughts

Page 126 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast

Thread Information