Page 61 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: The vaccine

Re: The vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Yes...I'd be interested to read about that too.

I thought Bill Gates was autistic, not a nerd?
    I wonder if he was officially diagnosed or if it's some kind of 'fake autism' in order to justify his dubious actions?

There does seem to be a bit of a trend of late where certain individuals are trying to 'fake' said condition as some kind of 'get out of jail' card in order to justify their misdeeds, which makes a mockery of those who genuinely have the condition.

I really wouldn't be surprised if someone like, say, Trump was to pull the 'fake autism' stunt in the not too distant future, if only to remain newsworthy, and of course, garner more sympathy!
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 27-01-21 at 17:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I wonder if he was officially diagnosed or if it's some kind of 'fake autism' in order to justify his dubious actions?

There does seem to be a bit of a trend of late where certain individuals are trying to 'fake' said condition as some kind of 'get out of jail' card in order to justify their misdeeds, which makes a mockery of those who genuinely have the condition.

I really wouldn't be surprised if someone like, say, Trump was to pull the 'fake autism' stunt in the not too distant future, if only to remain newsworthy!
    He has never claimed to be autistic, it was purely speculation by the media and commentators.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    He has never claimed to be autistic, it was purely speculation by the media and commentators.
    Like I said, probably some kind of 'cover up' for his dubious actions by some of his proponents, plus we know full well what the media can be like.

Worryingly, the term 'autism' appears to have morphed into yet another 'buzzword' over recent times, which IMO could potentially jeopodise a lot of the progress we have made over the years in developing increased awareness and understanding of the condition, and we start being treated like lepers once again!

Please forgive me for straying off-topic again!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Like I said, probably some kind of 'cover up' for his dubious actions by some of his proponents, plus we know full well what the media can be like.

Worryingly, the term 'autism' appears to have morphed into yet another 'buzzword' over recent times, which IMO could potentially jeopodise a lot of the progress we have made over the years in developing increased awareness and understanding of the condition, and we start being treated like lepers once again!

Please forgive me for straying off-topic again!
    Which 'dubious' actions would this be?

I apologise for bringing this subject up. I wanted to defend Bill Gates from the "nerd" label regardless of whether he is or isn't a "dubious" character.

And I think there has been a huge improvement in the level of awareness and understanding of autism.

Perhaps the situation with Bill Gates, in that he is funding vaccination programs around the world because he wants to put his money to good use, is exactly as it looks? Does there have to be some kind of evil agenda whenever wealthy people do this? Its like everything that happens has to have some kind of a conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Perhaps the situation with Bill Gates, in that he is funding vaccination programs around the world because he wants to put his money to good use, is exactly as it looks? Does there have to be some kind of evil agenda whenever wealthy people do this? Its like everything that happens has to have some kind of a conspiracy.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    It's one of the reasons why people who suffer with anxiety, suffer with anxiety. Always looking for the worst case scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    It's one of the reasons why people who suffer with anxiety, suffer with anxiety. Always looking for the worst case scenario.
    It's a real need, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I apologise for bringing this subject up. I wanted to defend Bill Gates from the "nerd" label regardless of whether he is or isn't a "dubious" character.

And I think there has been a huge improvement in the level of awareness and understanding of autism.
    That's exactly my point, Pulisa.

I just don't want to see such progress imperilled as a result of the condition being used as a lazy excuse for poor behaviour, especially where and when it's been faked or misdiagnosed, and the die-hard Farageites inadvertently start advocating the return of institutions!

Page 61 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread Information