Page 11 of 148 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: The vaccine

Re: The vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    Quite honestly Phil I think it’s too soon to be able to say that for sure. This fast tracking of a vaccine (at least one this quickly) has never been done before. To me I think the primary focus is finding a safe and effective vaccine to get out in the general population. Once that’s done, who knows - maybe further research and studies and trials will come up with one that is similar to polio and given orally. But for now I really don’t think that’s anyone’s focus.
    Thanks yes that’s true I mean I read the vaccine should last longer than a year anyway and it would be expensive to vaccinate more often.

Thats the issue with Covid you can’t plan anything you never know when it will get back to normal. I think now there is a vaccine people sort hope it will.

Do you see holidays and concert gathering returning in 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I'm in the business and honestly? No :(

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I'm in the business and honestly? No :(

Positive thoughts
    My local travel agents are advertising for holidays for 2022 but there is a few gigs out back to May 2021 I think they could be further delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Thanks yes that’s true I mean I read the vaccine should last longer than a year anyway and it would be expensive to vaccinate more often.

Thats the issue with Covid you can’t plan anything you never know when it will get back to normal. I think now there is a vaccine people sort hope it will.

The optimist in me would like to say yes. But I just don’t know.

I don’t know what you all are hearing over there, but in the states I’ve heard that the initial round of vaccines will be available for front line and healthcare workers end of December/early January. After that, it will be high risk population (elderly and severe co-morbidity population). Then everyone else. So the “everyone else” stage they’re hoping to be late spring/early summer.

this timeline is 100% dependent on the vaccine maker being able to mass produce enough doses. And have enough syringes. And doctors offices/clinics having the staff to be able to vaccinate everyone. If you see where I’m going with this...there are just so many variables in play that I can see there possibly being supply chain shortages. I truly hope not, I don’t care much about concerts really but I do miss being able to go to holiday gatherings with my family and friends. So I’m hoping for a smooth vaccination process when it does become available.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    The optimist in me would like to say yes. But I just don’t know.

I don’t know what you all are hearing over there, but in the states I’ve heard that the initial round of vaccines will be available for front line and healthcare workers end of December/early January. After that, it will be high risk population (elderly and severe co-morbidity population). Then everyone else. So the “everyone else” stage they’re hoping to be late spring/early summer.

this timeline is 100% dependent on the vaccine maker being able to mass produce enough doses. And have enough syringes. And doctors offices/clinics having the staff to be able to vaccinate everyone. If you see where I’m going with this...there are just so many variables in play that I can see there possibly being supply chain shortages. I truly hope not, I don’t care much about concerts really but I do miss being able to go to holiday gatherings with my family and friends. So I’m hoping for a smooth vaccination process when it does become available.
    Yes same time frame here. I heard they will start vaccination in a few weeks I mean that’s good to get the ball rolling once we see people getting vaccinated perhaps over the months cases will drop a little that’s my hope. In the UK they suggested using multiple vaccines even if one is less effective than the one they found..

Absolutely agree. I think if we can even get a portion of the population vaccinated, it has to help with the sharp rise in cases. Unfortunately we’re still a bit away from that so I hope people can try to be smart just a little while longer.

Well, the question I have to ask is do we still consider this a national health risk when 99% of those at risk have been vaccinated and therefore protected?

If you’re using a vaccine with a 90% efficacy, and vaccinate all of those considered “at risk”, do we even class that as a threat anymore?

Let’s be clear on this. This is all about keeping hospitals as free as is possible. If those who are filling hospitals right now are vaccinated then what are we even fighting?

I’m in my early 30’s and contacted Covid a few weeks back. I felt a bit ill for a few days but generally it wasn’t that bad. That’s not me trivialising it, but what I am saying is that my experience is the same for about 90% of people who get Covid. The other 10%, unfortunately, will end up in hospital or, worse, dead.

That’s the point, though. If that other 10% are vaccinated, hospital admissions slow to a crawl, do we even have to consider Covid a threat? I would think not.

There has to be something more to this, something we're not being told.

Order of vaccination as mentioned by Jonathan Van-Tam in a press conference the other day;

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...interim-advice

I would imagine that anyone below 50 in good health with no pre-existing conditions is very unlikely to get vaccinated - just like the flu jab now.

Anyone who thinks that a virus should bend to their will just so they can watch a football match should stop being both selfish and delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    There has to be something more to this, something we're not being told.

Like what?

Page 11 of 148 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread Information