Page 12 of 148 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: The vaccine

Re: The vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Order of vaccination as mentioned by Jonathan Van-Tam in a press conference the other day;

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...interim-advice

I would imagine that anyone below 50 in good health with no pre-existing conditions is very unlikely to get vaccinated - just like the flu jab now.

Anyone who thinks that a virus should bend to their will just so they can watch a football match should stop being both selfish and delusional.
    Yep I agree I hope it is a case of vaccinate people who need it most and hopefully not everybody needs it but you read stuff like immunity passports course that may never happen. For most it’s a flu like illness it’s strange how we always get flu pandemics Spanish flu, swine flu ect. You read so much misinformation online too like masks will be forever ect

Couple of bits from the BBC website:

Covid-19: Normal life back next winter, says vaccine creator
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54949799

(I await the grateful thanks of the AfD in Germany for the work of this son of a former Gastarbeiter)

Covid-19: Stop anti-vaccination fake news online with new law says Labour
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54947661

That latter would be helped if the supposed brains of the Corbyn family didn't keep flouting the rules. Maybe he needs to do a spell inside now.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Like what?
    As a former GCHQ-ite I am naturally suspicious!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    As a former GCHQ-ite I am naturally suspicious!

Suspicious of what though? Genuine question.

There are swathes of ridiculous conspiracy theories doing the rounds, it just doesn't seem very 'you' to be thinking this way.

I'm just curious as to the origins of all this. I have no conspiracy theories to peddle-I'm certainly not into that-but I do think that there is more to this which will come out in time.

I'm just curious as to the origins of all this. I have no conspiracy theories to peddle-I'm certainly not into that-but I do think that there is more to this which will come out in time.
    Well assuming you're responding to GaryA's response about the efficacy of a vaccine and the necessity of further lockdown's etc, it's still really a precautionary numbers game.

If there's one thing 'they might not be telling us', it's the possibility of catastrophic mutation. I think it's a bit of a misnomer that the primary reason for a vaccine is to prevent mass infection of the current strain, it's actually possibly more about squashing infection rates to a low enough level where mutation is far less likely. In effect, they want the current pandemic level infection events to be removed from the equation as fast as possible so that the virus doesn't have a chance to quickly mutate and create a fresh, new, uncontrolled global re-pandemic. This was the concern with the Belgian mink infections.

After a few years this becomes less of a problem anyway as natural immunity builds up and the general population has a built in 'body memory' of this type of Covid and how to deal with it. It's the same reason that the old fashioned flu doesn't cause the same kind of issues that we're seeing with Covid, in that humanity has a pretty good built in defense to it anyway.

Because we don't currently have that with Covid, the potential for exponential rates of infection are high, and that's what could prove unmanageable for health services. If lockdowns and vaccinations didn't occur, then the death toll would be enormous, not only directly caused by Covid, but also because of the secondary knock on effect to all other serious medical conditions as there simply wouldn't be enough health care infrastructure to go round.

Pulisa, never stop being curious. A lot of people don't/can-not do this believe it or not.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    After a few years this becomes less of a problem anyway as natural immunity builds up and the general population has a built in 'body memory' of this type of Covid and how to deal with it.
    Where is the evidence of immunity? We're not immune to the cold, or flu. Where have you read COVID is any different? I'll quote from WHO:

There is currently no evidence that people who have recovered from COVID-19 and have antibodies are protected from a second infection.
    And if you want something academic to chew on: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...783-0/fulltext

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Covid-19: Stop anti-vaccination fake news online with new law says Labour
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54947661
    But what defines fake news, from genuine inquiry?

I've always been of the mindset that the Internet has always been an open communication platform where you can say and do as you please (if that lands you in legal troubles because of what you say that's your own fault ... i.e slander). When you start making it illegal to post fake news then you tread in murky waters. What if I write a blog post that genuinely questions something on my mind?

Example: I write a blog post called "COVID-19 and Biological Warfare". In my post I could question whatever I like. Whatever is on my mind. However ludicrous. I should be allowed to do this.

If for some reason my blog post gets super popular that's not because I've peddled a lie. It's because I've asked a question that other people are also asking. (ps. I do not believe COVID is biological warfare, it was the only example that jumped to mind).

There's a lot of people online I dislike: David Icke, Alex Jones being two. They profit from peddling lies and they know exactly what they are doing. But they shouldn't be banned either.

If people are not following the official narrative you have to question why? And the answer might be "We don't trust official sources. They tell lies".

Which means the actual problem is distrust for authority and an authorities lack of transparency. The Government should work on fixing that problem first instead of solving the solution with a band aid.

The Government has yet to ban Telegram. Super popular chat platform that's actually private (unlike whatsapp who are still able to read your messages. That can't happen in true end to end encrypted platforms). There's COVID denier groups all over Telegram with 50,000+ members. Tommy is on there with his own popular group. People will always find a way.

Oppression causes anger. And eventually civil war.
    Last edited by WiredIncorrectly; 15-11-20 at 16:20.

☪️️

I'm not having a vaccine, but i'm sure most will .

Page 12 of 148 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread Information