Page 137 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1471

Thread: The vaccine

Re: The vaccine

So... I approached the surgery today, blind as a bat because diabetic retinopathy screening AND THE SUN WAS OUT to see if I could change my appointment.

Was flatly told "nothing to do with us, ring 119". At this point I felt a game of 'pass the parcel' was imminent. With me as the parcel.

Rung 119. Very helpful young woman, who brought up my details and said "oh sorry, we only handle the AstraZeneca appointments and you've had Pfizer."

"I was told by my practice they don't handle this"

"They're wrong."

So I rung the practice up. As luck would have it, I got the helpful person on duty and I've now got an appointment a day earlier, when I'm not working.

Hoo-bloody-ray.
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 10-05-21 at 10:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    So... I approached the surgery today, blind as a bat because diabetic retinopathy screening AND THE SUN WAS OUT to see if I could change my appointment.

Was flatly told "nothing to do with us, ring 119". At this point I felt a game of 'pass the parcel' was imminent. With me as the parcel.

Rung 119. Very helpful young woman, who brought up my details and said "oh sorry, we only handle the AstraZeneca appointments and you've had Pfizer."

"I was told by my practice they don't handle this"

"They're wrong."

So I rung the practice up. As luck would have it, I got the helpful person on duty and I've now got an appointment a day earlier, when I'm not working.

Hoo-bloody-ray.
    Good luck for you PM.

Yep, sounds like pass the parcel. Glad you got it sorted. I'm not sure I believe 119 either on that unless the hubs only gave out AZ and Pfizer was reserved for GP's. That's a bit strange.

My surgery aren't dealing with any 1st jabs so I've just got to keep trying the NHS website. I had a glimmer of hope on Saturday night when up popped the closest hub to me (there are plenty of others I can get as well that have been missing for weeks) but sadly you have to book both jabs together and there are no free slots for the 2nd at that centre or anywhere nearer than the hubs that have been there for weeks that are too far away. It popped up again last night so I tried again and the 2nd would have have to be in Derby over 20 miles away.

For my group it will be because they are only doing 1/5 of the overall numbers but I don't get the problem with the 2nd jab since the current 2nd jab groups will be long finished by then. I suppose it could be people from other hubs booking into mine since it lets you pick the same one of any other for the 2nd but I think resources/supply may be a factor.

There was also a problem with the booking site which they have changed. If you went through the process to see which hubs were available and then didn't complete the process the next time you tried it stated you have missed your first appointment. That has been replaced now with a page about booking both jabs together.

They seem to be making an absolute dog's breakfast of it where you are, Terry?

I'm sceptical about the OAZ/Pfizer stuff too - but at least I've not put doubts in the mind of bookers now - in fact, I've just had another five days of work come my way which'll go some way towards eradicating my debts; ideally, by Christmas the only debt looming will be the Business Bounce-back Loan.

The only concern now for me is side-effects affecting me driving to/from work the day after the jab...

I didn't have any at all after the 2nd one. I don't count the sore arm..It's inevitable. Good luck for Thursday, PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    You might survive, but the person you give it to might not. But I'm alright jack attitude probably helped to get us in the mess were in now.
    Sorry pal that don't work on me. I ain't buyin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Sorry pal that don't work on me. I ain't buyin it.
    Which bit don't you buy?

Pardon me for calling you Pal...when you're a gal.

Well you said I "might" survive...then something like the person I give it to "might not"...and my attitude "probably" got us into this mess.
    Could anything get more speculative?

I just read 60% of new cases are people who have gotten the vaccine and they can pass it on to others. I don't knock anyone for getting the vaccine that's their business. But don't knock me for not getting it. That's all.
    I just refuse to fear something with a 99.7% survival rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Pardon me for calling you Pal...when you're a gal.

Well you said I "might" survive...then something like the person I give it to "might not"...and my attitude "probably" got us into this mess.
    Could anything get more speculative?

I just read 60% of new cases are people who have gotten the vaccine and they can pass it on to others. I don't knock anyone for getting the vaccine that's their business. But don't knock me for not getting it. That's all.
    I just refuse to fear something with a 99.7% survival rate.
    So vaccines like MMR are pointless as well by your logic.

What's that?

Page 137 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast

Thread Information