Page 140 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1471

Thread: The vaccine

Re: The vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    I did notice the US quickly shifted their stockpile of the AZ vaccine to them, which sort of got rid an issue.
    Great marketing and political move for sure!

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Yes, I do. Also, they don't think take-up will be good, due to the negative press coverage causing it to be 'tainted', undeservedly so as the US J and J vaccine has the same blot clot rare side-effect. I hear that in some parts of the US they have more vaccine ordered and ready than the take-up requirement, so why bother with one more vaccine that they will have no need of ?
    Umm don't you think FDA approval would go a long way to many others taking the vaccine? The reason they haven't approved it as of yet is because it hasn't gone through proper testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Great marketing and political move for sure!

FMP
    Absolute gold, makes the US look good on the world stage, gets rid of a problem at home.

Umm don't you think FDA approval would go a long way to many others taking the vaccine?
    Many others where ? In the world ? Thats a rather inflated sense of [US] importance on the planet. I think Astrazeneca would be rather pleased to have FDA approval, but I don't think that your average man in the street, in the UK or elsewhere on the globe would even know what the FDA is or care !

From the Observer -

The FDA has no intention to slow down any vaccine approval process, one of the former officials said. But, with three highly effective vaccines in the market already, the agency is also in no hurry to authorize a fourth one.
    https://observer.com/2021/04/astraze...ion-explainer/
    Last edited by Carys; 10-05-21 at 22:25.

Absolute gold, makes the US look good on the world stage, gets rid of a problem at home.
    And in the big picture, the problem is far, far less than the bite of reality. But as you recognize, appearances are everything and with the influence of the media, it makes the situation look far worse than the reality and sadly, many are very influenced by it as opposed to the facts.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Umm don't you think FDA approval would go a long way to many others taking the vaccine? The reason they haven't approved it as of yet is because it hasn't gone through proper testing.
    It might in the US, but we really don't care if the US public don't buy into it, it's not our problem. Having said that the US has given out 260 million jabs and has 34% of the total population fully vaccinated, guess they're the ones wanting to go abroad on their holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    And in the big picture, the problem is far, far less than the bite of reality. But as you recognize, appearances are everything and with the influence of the media, it makes the situation look far worse than the reality and sadly, many are very influenced by it as opposed to the facts.

FMP
    If they'd have come out and said all the vaccines were 100% safe, we would definitely know they were lying!

If they'd have come out and said all the vaccines were 100% safe, we would definitely know they were lying!
    Thus the fact that science and fact outweigh politics and "Q".

FMP

What I find hilarious is that some people I have known for years in my life, are being more cautious with the vaccine than anything else that they have been with in their lives about anything...and it's all due to their politics. They won't wear a seat-belt in the backseat of a car because "nothing can happen to you in the backseat." They have no problem putting their dog in the back of a pick up truck without a harness. They were trying to buy hydroxycloroquine and were ready to take it when Trump was all promoting it, even though doctors were saying it was dangerous. But the vaccine? Nope. "It hasn't been tested enough." "It has to have side effects." How much testing do you need after millions and millions of people have taken it with no issues? I think some people just make up their minds and there is nothing you can say once they've decided to endorse a particular position.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    What I find hilarious is that some people I have known for years in my life, are being more cautious with the vaccine than anything else that they have been with in their lives about anything...and it's all due to their politics. They won't wear a seat-belt in the backseat of a car because "nothing can happen to you in the backseat." They have no problem putting their dog in the back of a pick up truck without a harness. They were trying to buy hydroxycloroquine and were ready to take it when Trump was all promoting it, even though doctors were saying it was dangerous. But the vaccine? Nope. "It hasn't been tested enough." "It has to have side effects." How much testing do you need after millions and millions of people have taken it with no issues? I think some people just make up their minds and there is nothing you can say once they've decided to endorse a particular position.
    Like playing chess with monkeys.....

FMP

Page 140 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142 ... LastLast

Thread Information