Page 142 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1471

Thread: The vaccine

Re: The vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Pliates for the pliable? Is that another Joe Wicks fad?
    Nah. Pilates for seniors on YouTube on account of ripping an abdominal muscle whilst trying to be cocky and using my abdo trainer (now in the skip)

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    What I find hilarious is that some people I have known for years in my life, are being more cautious with the vaccine than anything else that they have been with in their lives about anything...and it's all due to their politics. They won't wear a seat-belt in the backseat of a car because "nothing can happen to you in the backseat." They have no problem putting their dog in the back of a pick up truck without a harness. They were trying to buy hydroxycloroquine and were ready to take it when Trump was all promoting it, even though doctors were saying it was dangerous. But the vaccine? Nope. "It hasn't been tested enough." "It has to have side effects." How much testing do you need after millions and millions of people have taken it with no issues? I think some people just make up their minds and there is nothing you can say once they've decided to endorse a particular position.
    I still can't believe there's still quite a few who blather on about people not wearing seatbelts in cars before the 80s and it 'never doing anyone any harm'.

Perhaps not if they were lucky and never had any accidents, but if they did they often weren't so lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by meltedchic View Post
    Just a query guys, have you considered taking IVM (Ivermectin) as preventive option?
    We can't since it's a prescription only med. Our MHRA don't have it licensed for the virus so GPs would be on their own in absence of a NHS temporary guideline until licensing caught up.

A study of health workers did see an 88% success though...but they took it anally

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Lets all get one of those vaccinated tick box t shirts to annoy them

Erm, is the bloke in that picture wearing some crotchless panties over his face?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I still can't believe there's still quite a few who blather on about people not wearing seatbelts in cars before the 80s and it 'never doing anyone any harm'.

Perhaps not if they were lucky and never had any accidents, but if they did they often weren't so lucky!
    I have an uncle who was a fireman in the 70s. He cut people out of cars who didn't wear belts and it wasn't pretty (so much so he banned his children from owning Minis); mind you, your average car in the 1970s wasn't a particularly safe place to be either.

I know a few people who refuse to wear them even now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I have an uncle who was a fireman in the 70s. He cut people out of cars who didn't wear belts and it wasn't pretty (so much so he banned his children from owning Minis); mind you, your average car in the 1970s wasn't a particularly safe place to be either.

I know a few people who refuse to wear them even now.
    Yeah, my dad and many other blokes of his age group who vividly remember the 70s told me that Morris Marinas were extremely problematic and amongst the worst cars ever!

Some Minis were allegedly notorious 'death trap' vehicles as well, especially when driven too fast by young male drivers with little willies!

I can't believe there are still people today who refuse point blank to belt up in cars, especially those born after 1983 when surely it's all they've ever known.

Even when I am sat in a car whilst parked up, I (most ironically) feel uncomfortable without a seatbelt on, let alone when the vehicle is in motion!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Yeah, my dad and many other blokes of his age group who vividly remember the 70s told me that Morris Marinas were extremely problematic and amongst the worst cars ever!
    The Marina isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be, it is very much "of its time"; but what didn't help it was that it inherited much of its running gear from the Morris Minor, a design that was by then already 25 years old. Sadly most 1970s British cars were thrown together for what was felt to be a captive audience - and then the Japanese turned up, offered you a car that had everything as standard what was an option on British cars, but also were reliable and didn't need a "short engine" after 40,000 miles!

Good luck for your 2nd jab today, PM! Hope it all goes as smoothly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Good luck for your 2nd jab today, PM! Hope it all goes as smoothly as possible.
    Well, job done: I must admit my head feels quite heavy on my shoulders, so I may go and have a lie-down for a while. This time there was no waiting for an hour, it was nice and easy - in fact, I got there early and I was out by the actual time of my appointment!

There's already talk within the vaccination centre of planning for autumn boosters...

Glad it was all smooth for you PM. Definitely have a little lay down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 142 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144 ... LastLast

Thread Information