Page 144 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1471

Thread: The vaccine

Re: The vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by Sezzyj85 View Post
    I have been sent my invitation to book my first jab. And I have no idea why I'm so hesitant to have it. I have been waiting for this for months but now I'm worried of the side effects. I'm 36 so presume I will be offered Pfizer. Anyone provide some reassurance. I have severe health anxiety. Many thanks
    I have health anxiety that goes off the scale at times. One scare automatically follows another - as one resolves, another comes in its place. It's serial. I've fallen out with a 'friend' who is angry with me for not getting help (in his view).

But, catching Covid scares me much, much more than the miniscule risks of the vaccine. Few minor side effects or face down in ICU with a tube down your throat? Easy one, that.

Hi Pamplemousse, thanks for your reply. Ur absolutely right. Really appreciate ur response I know I'm being an irrational idiot. I agree I do not want to get covid of course not. I have booked it in for tommorow and that's it. I know I will worry but that's just how my brain is. Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

I have booked it in for tommorow and that's it.
    Wow, that was quick, well done ! I have to say that there was a point I was at where if I could have got it like, NOW quickly, I would have found it so much easier. It was the weeks of waiting that didn't help. Let us know how you get on.

I commend you for your prompt action - well done!

I was very lucky that we have one of those vaccine hubs in our town and the text from gp lead me straight to the first appointment through the link. It is right what Pamplemousse said.. Do I care more about some side effects or being in ICU with covid. I'm glad I don't have a long wait sorry you had to go through that carys xx

Well done, Sezzy! The less the wait the better it is for anxiety of course.

It would be great if you could just book and go straightaway for the jab, wouldn't it? No queuing, just straight in and no time for all the horrible anticipatory anxiety to build up.

Best of luck for tomorrow!

Yep, best wishes from me too!

I was 3 months ago Sezzy, and things were a bit different then with booking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezzyj85 View Post
    I have been sent my invitation to book my first jab. And I have no idea why I'm so hesitant to have it. I have been waiting for this for months but now I'm worried of the side effects. I'm 36 so presume I will be offered Pfizer. Anyone provide some reassurance. I have severe health anxiety. Many thanks
    When I got my jab appointment through, I tried not to overthink it. (MASSIVE ask of someone with my brain but I gave it a bash) I voiced my concerns about how it might affect my fibro (to a few people) but that was it. I didn't read stories online or allow other people to influence my decision to have the jab because it felt like the right thing for me to do. Aside a sore arm (that most people have) and a flare up with fibro symptoms (which I expected) I was OK.

I've had experience, see, with worrying myself stupid about other people's dramatized 'experiences'. Re colonoscopies etc. I almost cancelled mine on the basis of reading other people's 'horror stories' but I actually enjoyed my bum cam! Especially that sedative.

Book ya jab and it will be a matter of days, then it's over, and you will probably be like the majority of people who have little to no side effects..

I've been jabbed twice now, so it's a case of I got 99 problems but the pr1ck aint one.

Page 144 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146 ... LastLast

Thread Information