Page 19 of 148 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: The vaccine

Re: The vaccine

I think Pamplemousse shared the cohort info early but details in this report were seen in the NHS yesterday so may be a useful update:

https://www.hsj.co.uk/coronavirus/ex...edium=referral

A question

If you have had the vaccine will airport testing and social distancing stop if you can’t pass virus on or catch it? And the end of masks?

Quote Originally Posted by organicspotify View Post
    Is it organic?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    A question

If you have had the vaccine will airport testing and social distancing stop if you can’t pass virus on or catch it? And the end of masks?
    If the vaccine is successful at preventing infection in 95% of people, as they say it is, then yes, life will gradually return to normal. We still have a few months to go until we see if these vaccines do as they say on the tin, however.

It'll be 6-12 months before things begin to start returning to normal, and closer to 18 months when it'll be mostly a distant memory.

According to John Campbell.

Has anyone trialling this vaccine given birth in the meantime, do we know?

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Has anyone trialling this vaccine given birth in the meantime, do we know?
    We only know what’s been made public. So far, we know it’s well tolerated in all age groups, we know it induces much the same immune response in all age groups and we know that in a trial of 40,000 people across the world, it protected 95% of them from infection.

It’s now up to those who licence these things to ask the other questions. I also think it’s important that the findings from this vaccine are made public. When you’re talking about having the entire population vaccinated in a few months time, you really need to do all you can to make sure there are as many people on board as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    We only know what’s been made public. So far, we know it’s well tolerated in all age groups, we know it induces much the same immune response in all age groups and we know that in a trial of 40,000 people across the world, it protected 95% of them from infection.

It’s now up to those who licence these things to ask the other questions. I also think it’s important that the findings from this vaccine are made public. When you’re talking about having the entire population vaccinated in a few months time, you really need to do all you can to make sure there are as many people on board as possible.
    Has anyone died of the vaccine? My worry is dying if I take the vaccine incase my body has a bad reaction?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Has anyone died of the vaccine? My worry is dying if I take the vaccine incase my body has a bad reaction?
    No reports of anyone dying from the vaccine so far. If so, it would have been all over the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    I agree. Misinformation is literally killing people over here. I have a student who's uncle (why is it always the uncles? :/) died of CV because he believed it was a hoax.

Page 19 of 148 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread Information