Page 3 of 148 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The vaccine

Re: The vaccine

I will definitely get the vaccine, but I will probably wait a little bit until more individuals have had it. I work with biosafety researchers and they are all pro-vax, but not being at the front of the line when a new vaccine comes out.

As for conspiracy theories surrounding the vaccine, I've seen so many. My favorite is those who think the government will be putting trackers in them via the vaccine. It's just absolutely impossible.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    I will definitely get the vaccine, but I will probably wait a little bit until more individuals have had it. I work with biosafety researchers and they are all pro-vax, but not being at the front of the line when a new vaccine comes out.

As for conspiracy theories surrounding the vaccine, I've seen so many. My favorite is those who think the government will be putting trackers in them via the vaccine. It's just absolutely impossible.
    Hi Poppy, I have a friend who believes this. The trouble is that these ridiculous theories are believed by an alarmingly high number of people.

People are already tracked: well, anyone with a mobile phone is. How many will give up their mobiles to become anonymous? Their bank cards? In the UK, ANPR cameras track their cars, if they have them. Will they solely use public transport? Oh no, that's got CCTV.

Oh sorry - the vaccine? Definitely.

What I don't understand is the need for volunteers to be infected with the virus to then act as Guinea pigs to be tested when there are already people infected that they can ask to volunteer. Isn't this just infecting more of the virus into the community. If someone says a small dose for testing purposes. A dose is a dose. And what might be small to one person, is massive to another.
    Remember not so long ago we were not to touch any plastic, cardboard or paper for x amount of time.
    But in answer to the post.
    I know many people that will not take the vaccine, purely because they are afraid to take it and uncertainty of its reactions. Nothing to do with anti this or that or a rebellious movement of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    What I don't understand is the need for volunteers to be infected with the virus to then act as Guinea pigs to be tested when there are already people infected that they can ask to volunteer. Isn't this just infecting more of the virus into the community. If someone says a small dose for testing purposes. A dose is a dose. And what might be small to one person, is massive to another.
    Remember not so long ago we were not to touch any plastic, cardboard or paper for x amount of time.
    But in answer to the post.
    I know many people that will not take the vaccine, purely because they are afraid to take it and uncertainty of its reactions. Nothing to do with anti this or that or a rebellious movement of sorts.
    Well I guess in fairness, whether or not people take the vaccine is their prerogative, no one is forcing them.

We no longer bother to sanitise our shopping anymore either, we just wash our hands thoroughly after touching anything coming in from outside, using the toilet and before eating/drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    People are already tracked: well, anyone with a mobile phone is. How many will give up their mobiles to become anonymous? Their bank cards? In the UK, ANPR cameras track their cars, if they have them. Will they solely use public transport? Oh no, that's got CCTV.

Oh sorry - the vaccine? Definitely.
    Exactly, and hardly anyone seems to bat an eyelid over the gazillion other ways of potentially being tracked.

And I'm sure it's still not even possible to insert super-intelligent microchips into ones own blood via a brand new vaccine. Nothing like that's even been invented yet AFAIK.

Maybe it's all a double bluff to eliminate stupidity.

"Sure, you have a choice to not have the vaccine. RIP"

What I don't understand is the need for volunteers to be infected with the virus to then act as Guinea pigs to be tested when there are already people infected that they can ask to volunteer.
    There aren't enough of them (!!) and it cannot be observed in a controlled manner.

That’s not really how it works. The challenger trials vaccinate people then expose them to the virus. This allows precise tracking of protection, or lack thereof, from the virus.

The trials going on right now rely on a certain percentage of volunteers contracting the virus out in the public, so clearly a trial which directly exposes vaccinated folk in a controlled setting will give results within days rather than weeks or months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QvvMDw6YQw
    I can't believe this. I get the feeling this is just going to go on forever.

Page 3 of 148 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread Information