Page 36 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: The vaccine

Re: The vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Surely those mass toilet roll panics are water under the bridge now. There's plenty of unsold packs of them in our local supermarkets right now.

That was all full-on crazy virtue-signalling over nothing IMO, just because of a poxy viral video from some attention-seeking moron Down Under back in early March!!
    They all started panic buying when the latest lockdown was announced in my area.
    I didn't notice as soap is good enough for me, but being from the South East Nivea For Men probably sold out to! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    They all started panic buying when the latest lockdown was announced in my area.
    I didn't notice as soap is good enough for me, but being from the South East Nivea For Men probably sold out to! Lol
    All totally unnecessary and unwarranted IMO, as there have never been any actual shortages.

I reckon it simply amounts to pack mentality where those partaking in such panic-buying happen to revel in all the drama simply for kicks.

I think some people are just addicted to drama and pack mentality full stop.

He added: “Absolutely not, categorically there will not be an immunity passport in the United Kingdom."

Prof Chris Whitty today told MPs social distancing restrictions could start being lifted once 20 million vulnerable Brits have been vaccinated.

But the Chief Medical Officer also said that could only happen "gradually" and not in the next three months.

He warned "we’re all very nervous about January and February" and said "I think it’s very unlikely we’ll get to zero level of risk.”
    Instead, Prof Whitty said, the government would likely choose to lift restrictions despite people still dying of Covid each year - like thousands already do from flu.

He added: "At a certain point society, through political leaders... will say this level of risk is a level of risk we think it is appropriate to tolerate.

"Just as we accept that in an average year, 7,000 people a year die of flu and in a bad flu year 20,000 people die of flu.

"That’s just we accept that as that is what happens biologically.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    All totally unnecessary and unwarranted IMO, as there have never been any actual shortages.
    My Alexa thingy flashed up something very worrying the other day - apparently Waggon Wheels and Jammy Dodgers are in short supply!

Yes, Len - people are addicted to drama - it's that negative bias at play, and it's also why around 7 million people tune into Eastenders on Christmas Day to see who's going to get divorced, murdered or commit adultery. *Duff. Duff. Duff. Duff. Duff*

It's also why there are currently 236 people viewing symptoms on this forum and only 4 looking at success stories..

You don't have to wait until Dec 25th for high "drama" on EE....The ongoing Ian-Sharon storyline has it all in spades...

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You don't have to wait until Dec 25th for high "drama" on EE....The ongoing Ian-Sharon storyline has it all in spades...
    I lost touch with EE around April.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    My Alexa thingy flashed up something very worrying the other day - apparently Waggon Wheels and Jammy Dodgers are in short supply!

Yes, Len - people are addicted to drama - it's that negative bias at play, and it's also why around 7 million people tune into Eastenders on Christmas Day to see who's going to get divorced, murdered or commit adultery. *Duff. Duff. Duff. Duff. Duff*

It's also why there are currently 236 people viewing symptoms on this forum and only 4 looking at success stories..
    EastEnders, Corrie, Emmerdale, et el, all bore me to tears personally, although I quite enjoy some of the earlier Brookie (especially pre-1988), but I do think there are compulsions amongst many to simply 'fit in' and keep up with the Jones's at play, as far as soaps are concerned.

And this sudden short supply scare over Wagon Wheels and Jammy Dodgers you mentioned sounds even more bizarre IMO than the previous toilet roll craze.

And what about those totally bats**t crazy stampedes for Nutella chocolate spread in French supermarkets in early 2018 that resulted in riots occurring in-store?

I really believe some people just don't even know they're born, nor have any idea as to what constitutes a 'real' crisis!!

Thank God there hasn't (so far) been any news reports of marauding mobs of antivaxxers and/or die-hard CTers hijacking and turning over hospitals and other venues where the anti-Covid vaccines are currently being doled out.

Those who might indulge in such actions would definitely be the amongst the lowest of the low, and I really hope such incidents don't materialise.

If it helps B&M have got a Wagon Wheels box set in!

Alexa only tells me the weather and how many days it is until Christmas! Although once she did get stuck on “make fart noises”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 36 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread Information