Page 37 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: The vaccine

Re: The vaccine

So all the news outlets here in the US this morning are on "Vaccine Watch". As the vaccines arrive in Michigan today, the media outlets literally have cameras following the boxes of vaccines coming off the cargo planes...

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    Yes, but perhaps it might of been better to of been reported as all done under the tightest of restrictions rather than TV cameras in a hospital setting, a Guard of Honour by a group of overweight nurses, collected by her Daughter and Grandson within a hospital setting, to then be wheeled out the front of the hospital for photos with people in the background entering and exiting the hospital feet apart.
    I wonder if they all popped to Costa, then to TUI to book a holiday and then a little recreational shopping in Next afterwards?
    Honestly the public don't need encouragement and if I was someone who missed cancer appts or a family funeral I would be pretty p**sed off.
    It sent a shiver down my spine!

That's not a pop at you Terry, just another angle and have you got any spare loo roll? I'm down to my last shed full!

At least it's better than all the doom & gloom the media revel in. Honestly, they would have loved nothing more than if she had started to develop huge boils and exploded as she left the hospital. Whichever government is in is bound to hype it up, no bigger back slappers than the political types.

Funny watching the first person who had it though, a well overweight NHS matron. I do love how they tell us to eat better and so many seem to ignore their own advice. I had my over 40 health check a couple of years ago to be told I needed to lose a few inches (all lost now ) by a nurse obviously worse than me. We used to have a GP so big he couldn't get under his table and another who could be seem wandering around the surrounding streets having a fag.

(apologies to all the healthy NHS workers out there).

Loo roll? You will never run out of the stuff whilst they still print newspapers mate! The digital age is trickier though. It's just not the same wiping your bum on your screen and using a screen wipe

Some more good news about rolling out the Oxford vaccine this month:

https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/20...ly-by-new-year

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Some more good news about rolling out the Oxford vaccine this month:

https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/20...ly-by-new-year
    It will be good to get some definite confirmation of this. Weren't they saying that getting the vaccine from The Netherlands where it is manufactured to the UK may be a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    It will be good to get some definite confirmation of this. Weren't they saying that getting the vaccine from The Netherlands where it is manufactured to the UK may be a problem?
    I suspect that it'll be flown in; as it doesn't need to kept at the same temperatures as the Pfizer vaccine that will ease it and ease the border checks. I believe there's also research going on into combining it with the Russian Sputnik vaccine.

I noted in that piece it specifically mentioned the elderly, as I understand it's been shown to be very beneficial in the older population.

At least it's better than all the doom & gloom the media revel in. Honestly, they would have loved nothing more than if she had started to develop huge boils and exploded as she left the hospital. Whichever government is in is bound to hype it up, no bigger back slappers than the political types.

Funny watching the first person who had it though, a well overweight NHS matron. I do love how they tell us to eat better and so many seem to ignore their own advice. I had my over 40 health check a couple of years ago to be told I needed to lose a few inches (all lost now ) by a nurse obviously worse than me. We used to have a GP so big he couldn't get under his table and another who could be seem wandering around the surrounding streets having a fag.

Loo roll? You will never run out of the stuff whilst they still print newspapers mate! The digital age is trickier though. It's just not the same wiping your bum on your screen and using a screen wipe
    Terry, Terry, Terry...... That last paragraph my friend

Oh yes the "lose weight" blurb from a fatty healthcare professional themselves! Although in my case it's "lose weight and stop smoking"!

Just before Christmas last year I attended the hospital with my Partner who has this haywire thyroid, we were sat waiting and watched a nurse sneeze into her hand, inspect what had been deposited in it then open a door with the handle using the sneeze hand!!! WTF!

Oh and my Partners thyroid appt was cancelled in May for her thyroid due to Covid19 and she's heard nothing since! I'd really like to know what that consultant has been doing? Had the last nine months off presumably!

Well done on the weight loss chunky!

No apologies needed, at least from my point of view as an ex-nurse, Terry.

My thoughts precisely. The thing that bamboozled me is that we were always told that when there is a crash call on the ward, everyone had to drop what they were doing and run to the appropriate patient. How could the chubsters amongst the work force 'run' anywhere? Maybe if a Mars Bar was being waved from afar they might be able to pick up speed, but otherwise, it was a lost cause! Like you, I don't think it is a great advert or promotion for health when you have a distinctly unhealthy looking health professional doing the instructing, but hey ho.

I know that weight can be a real battle for some poor folk, but still......

Most nurses I worked with (especially when I was in A&E) also smoked. I think that stress has a lot to do with nurses (and doctors) smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I don't know about them but when Pfizer were asked if Brexit (No Deal scenario) could cause distribution problems out if the EU and into the UK they brushed it off saying they will just find another way.

Where there is a will there is a way, I think. Customs decs and queues can be waived aside for a top priority. If Her Madge fancied a jaunt over their with a very large duty free suitcase they would be on their knees missing her feet.

We've got plenty of military sitting around doing not much. At worst they do the same as they do for British nationals stuck in some country that's gone tits up.

The BBC charts the development of the 'Oxford' vaccine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55308216

My Dad gets the jab on Thursday

Page 37 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread Information