Page 39 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: The vaccine

Re: The vaccine

I find it odd that people would refuse the vaccine (and I understand if it would put you at risk) because they don't know what's in it, yet have been eating McNuggets for dinner

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I find it odd that people would refuse the vaccine (and I understand if it would put you at risk) because they don't know what's in it, yet have been eating McNuggets for dinner

Positive thoughts
    Botox is literally poison yet people inject it into their faces.

The world is fu**ed up.

Positive thoughts
    Mmmmm....McNuggets...auughhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post

The world is fu**ed up.
    Hi Gary!

Botox is literally the deadliest substance on Earth and is only prepared in one place in the UK; Porton Down.

Have a read of this - it's not for the faint-hearted!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24551945

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Botox is literally the deadliest substance on Earth and is only prepared in one place in the UK; Porton Down.

Have a read of this - it's not for the faint-hearted!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24551945
    Phew, that article is from 2013, so nothing to do with the newly discovered variant of Covid, which they mentioned yesterday was also being investigated and analysed at Porton Down, hence the reason why I felt a bit apprehensive when I first saw the link and the mention of said lab!!

The world is fu**ed up.
    Science looks to poisonous substances to help with pain relief. Not too many refuse those...

Quote Originally Posted by debs71 View Post
    Speaking as a former nurse, my response would be 'NO'.

As an ordinary citizen living in a democratic society, of course they have the right to refuse it, but as health professionals who are meant to set an example, a precedent and demonstrate their confidence in the science behind vaccines (which they above ALL should understand), they should bloody well accept it, IMO.

They also have a duty as people who are dealing with the most vulnerable. Their choices directly impact their patients. I was always taught that your number one priority as a health carer is YOUR PATIENTS, so how does that follow if you refuse something that will potentially (until we have data back post vaccinations, we don't know for certain if it prevents transmission) protect those patients??

I personally think it is a bloody disgrace if anyone working in healthcare - with supposedly much more insight about vaccine development, safety protocols and production - says 'no' to being vaccinated.
    Comes with the job. If you don't like the terms of the contract, don't apply. It's hardly the only protocol they have to adhere too as with other professions.

There will be exceptions e.g. pregnant workers. And they will be moved into positions where they aren't a problem or at risk, or should be. There is a petition out there for this right now raised by the husband of a nurse who was pregnant and died of Covid earlier this year.

Also its not just the public. Managers would have a problem handling problems where staff openly declared they wouldn't take it. It would make an interesting no win case for a union.

Positive thoughts
    What's funny is that we actually DO know what's in the vaccine and it's a heck of a lot less than whatever they pump nuggets full of and it's all been proven safe.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    yay!
    He didn't get the jab due to a temperature problem. Nephew took him but they were asked to go home and that the surgery would be in contact. No doubt the -70C requirement was compromised at some point.

Page 39 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread Information