Page 48 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: The vaccine

Re: The vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    So I read this story in the Times and I saw an interview with their health care union president on TV: https://www.latimes.com/california/s...vaccine-access

Although there are health care workers opting out due to pregnancy, autoimmune conditions, and things like IBS, which I completely understand, it seems there are still a lot of misconceptions about it. The union president said one health care even asked her if that type of the vaccine would mutate their DNA :S I feel like if there is so much misinformation even among people like health care workers, a lot of the general public will opt out. I hope maybe it's just a wait-and-see thing...that if they wait awhile and see no one being harmed from it, they will decide to get it.
    Apparently even the flu vaccine has a poor uptake amongst medical workers here in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Why would you refuse a jab if you had IBS?

Does anyone know what happened to "Dr" Vernon Coleman?
    I have no idea...maybe they take an immunosuppressant for it? Is IBS autoimmune?

@PM that's really sad about the flu shot. I feel at least in my area, people getting it has gone up. We even have the nurse at our school administering them. If the parents sign a permission slip, the kid can get the flu vaccine from the school nurse in the first month of school. In fact, when there have been extra doses in the past, I've just had the nurse give me my flu shot at school LOL

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    I have no idea...maybe they take an immunosuppressant for it? Is IBS autoimmune?
    Possibly Vee, Mrs F's crohns disease is an autoimmune disease, likewise ulcerative colitis.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Well Pelosi doesn't trust the UK to develop drugs...

So let's hope the silly politics are left out of it so science can decide what is right.
    Don't hold your breath Terry. Moderna vaccine, $22 to $38 per dose. Pfizer/biontech vaccine, $20 per dose. Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine, $2.18 per dose. Money dictates and always will.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    https://brandnewtube.com/@DrVernonColeman

Apparently he was being censored by YT so he moved to this platform.
    They didn't confiscate his armchair as well did they?

It's been mentioned on both BBC and Sky News tonight that the new Oxford AZ vaccine has already started being delivered to hospitals across the country, and specifically mentioned a hospital in Haywards Heath, Sussex, which I personally think publicly revealing is a bit risky, in case some nutjob from the antivaxxer camp attempts to hijack the place and sabotage the whole thing ahead of Monday, especially if they're in pursuit of their fifteen minutes of fame!

Probably won't happen but anything untoward can happen anywhere at any time, especially in environments where security might be more lax.

So will the vaccine end the pandemic? Will restrictions finally go when people get the jab?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    So will the vaccine end the pandemic? Will restrictions finally go when people get the jab?
    Suggest you read the other thread where you asked the same thing.

The BBC keep changing their dashboard which can be irritating but today they added in 1st vaccination received data including weekly numbers which will give us all some hope we are getting somewhere.

Let's hope we see this number rocket in the coming weeks (or should that be some silly term like "moon shot" )

Someone will come up with a buzzword for it....on a par with "rolling out" the vaccine.

Page 48 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread Information